I'm not giving your kid a job

RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:19 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:13 pm You don't have to hire her. But you also should not be so damn harsh in talking about a kid that happens to be your niece. Yikes.

If you hate your niece and SIL so much-why do you hang out with them or have anything to do with them? You don't have to.
I dont hang out with them. I see them twice a year. She had MIL tell me to do it. If Sil and Niece didnt want niece referred to like that then they should get her attitude and her mouth under control. She was suspended twice for running her mouth at the principal. The 3rd when she called him a retarded dick face was when she was expelled permanently
well the main issue here is MIL is being the family gatekeeper/town crier/reporter. Tell MIL from now on, you don't want to hear about SIL or DN or what they are doing and not to pass on things from them or tell you about them. If MIL starts doing this-hang up on her or leave immediately. She will be trained to obey your rule on that.
RedBottoms

Unread post

AsteroidStar wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 pm You know...just a thought....maybe the reason she acts the way she does is because people like you treat her like shit. The way you talk about her, I seriously doubt this is a new phenomenon. She's 13 for God's sake.
That said, I don't think that 13-year-olds are generally responsible enough to be reliable babysitters. Most of them are very self-involved at that point. I prefer babysitters with drivers licenses anyway.
I started babysitting about 12 and I was a great babysitter. But I was kinda a nerd so I was not that self absorbed.
Deleted User 876

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:32 pm
Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:19 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:13 pm You don't have to hire her. But you also should not be so damn harsh in talking about a kid that happens to be your niece. Yikes.

If you hate your niece and SIL so much-why do you hang out with them or have anything to do with them? You don't have to.
I dont hang out with them. I see them twice a year. She had MIL tell me to do it. If Sil and Niece didnt want niece referred to like that then they should get her attitude and her mouth under control. She was suspended twice for running her mouth at the principal. The 3rd when she called him a retarded dick face was when she was expelled permanently
I wouldn't allow her around my kids at all let alone ALONE!
Me either. Sheesh.
AsteroidStar
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 pm
AsteroidStar wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:29 pm You know...just a thought....maybe the reason she acts the way she does is because people like you treat her like shit. The way you talk about her, I seriously doubt this is a new phenomenon. She's 13 for God's sake.
That said, I don't think that 13-year-olds are generally responsible enough to be reliable babysitters. Most of them are very self-involved at that point. I prefer babysitters with drivers licenses anyway.
I started babysitting about 12 and I was a great babysitter. But I was kinda a nerd so I was not that self absorbed.
I did too, I babysat the kids of all my Dads friends. I was good at it, but as a parent, I have realized that I have no idea how I would have handled emergency situations. I was lucky nothing bad ever happened. I like the idea of 16 and up because I think they would be a bit more clearheaded in an emergency, and also the drivers license thing.
You might be a king or a lowly street sweeper, but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.
Danesmommy1
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I wouldn't hire her either, but you do sound harsh. She's 13, it's a miserable age.
She is too fond of books and it has turned her brain.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:11 pm
luvthagirl wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:21 pm I wouldn't want my daughter working for the "likes" of you either
You would let someone with no respect or morals watch your kids?
No I wouldn't. I also wouldn't allow my child to be around a person that spoke so nasty about kid, and a family member at that
Deleted User 203

Unread post

What were you like at 13 years old, OP?

Don't hire her. You have to feel comfortable with whomever will be watching your children. Plus, you stated that you only see them about twice a year so this is a no-brainer.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

f**k, 200 a week..sign me up! I'll do it.
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:14 pm
She is 13 and has no business calling a principal a dickhead. I had NO PART in her being a bitch
And you had no problem being a dickhead (whatever that is) by calling her a snot nose brat. Who took part in you being a Bitch?
Seems to me, you both are on the same level intellectually
luvthagirl
Regent
Regent

Unread post

And you had no problem being a dickhead (whatever that is) by calling her a snot nose brat. Who took part in you being a Bitch?
Seems to me you both are on the same level intellectually
Locked Previous topicNext topic