How much are you willing to pay on your teenagers shoes?

Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I know people who spend a couple of hundred dollars on one pair of sneakers for their teens. Then buy several pairs. My kids get a few pairs of sneakers but I refuse to spend that much. I did buy one pair of Doc's for my oldest since her feet aren't growing. Then she bought a pair of Converse and a pair of Nikes. Someone posted on a local FB page they spent over $1000 on shoes for school this year for their high schooler alone. That seems crazy to me. My step kids go to a charter school and have to wear uniforms and black, white, or brown shoes. I bought Adidas for them.
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Around $100 for tennis shoes. Flats and boots are cheaper. Except the Uggs! Lol
mrsmacgiver
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I bought one of my SD's some doc martens but her feet were done growing. Three years later, she still wears them and keeps them in good condition. I can't remember how much they were but definitely around $100.

I'm raising my kids to not care about brands. We thrift (not for shoes, gross), use coupons, wait for sales, and take pride in getting a good deal.

I really don't know much about shoes for teenagers, considering my step kids don't live with us full time. $1000 for a few pairs of shoes sounds excessive but the $75 someone mentioned in a post a few days ago seemed reasonable, especially if they are high quality.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:59 pm I bought one of my SD's some doc martens but her feet were done growing. Three years later, she still wears them and keeps them in good condition. I can't remember how much they were but definitely around $100.

I'm raising my kids to not care about brands. We thrift (not for shoes, gross), use coupons, wait for sales, and take pride in getting a good deal.

I really don't know much about shoes for teenagers, considering my step kids don't live with us full time. $1000 for a few pairs of shoes sounds excessive but the $75 someone mentioned in a post a few days ago seemed reasonable, especially if they are high quality.
My kids wear stuff they like the look of. My DD loved the red Nike's she found. They were at the outlet so they were fairly cheap. She likes Hollister jeans because they fit her well and don't sag on her butt. She has tried several other brands but hasn't found any that fit her as well. We went to the outlets a few weeks ago and bought a bunch that were on clearance.

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.

Unread post

I buy my children whatever shoes they want, but our budget isn’t tight.
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

The most I paid was $175 for a vintage pair of gold and white nikes still in the box.
I usually spend around $45-120
My teenage dd wears sneakers around the $45-60 range. The most expensive is my second oldest son. He prefers nike basketball shoes. He gets a new pair every school year and then several for Christmas. He got 4 last Christmas and I've already got two pairs. I think I'll get one more pair.
i want candy!
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Guest wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:01 pm I buy my children whatever shoes they want, but our budget isn’t tight.
It's not that my budget is tight. But I feel the kids need to learn to buy within a budget. I give them a set amount for school clothes and they have to make it work. I usually will buy a few things outside of the budget for each. (Like the Doc's) I don't feel like it teaches them anything to just get whatever the hell they want handed to them.

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I would say on average I spend $150 or so for teen boys.
Maggie
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

150 maybe a little more if it’s a shoe they really want.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I just spent $130 on a pair of running shoes for my 12 year old ( 13 in a couple of months) about 30 minutes ago.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Locked Previous topicNext topic