How unprofessional are we these days?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

I made a phone call yesterday to a person at the courthouse, regarding a legal concern. The lady was not in her office when I called but her answering service said to leave a message and a number and she would call back. So I did.

Now I made the mistake recently of signing up for online insurance quotes, so for the past week I have had no less than 15 calls a day from various companies wanting to sell me their service. Its constant so I have to screen my calls now. Any number that I don't recognize, I let it go to voicemail thinking -ya know- if it's anything important people would leave a message.

So apparently this lady calls me back, from a different number from the one I called and I did not answer. She did not leave a message, so I assumed her call was just another spam call. I call today and luckily she was in the office when I called. She gets an attitude with me because I did not answer her call back. I apologized and asked if she left a message; she said no. I explained to her that I have been getting a lot of spam calls lately and that I screen calls. Her response to me was that I should have answered or called the number back and now I have to wait another day to get my issue resolved. How is it my fault that you are so unprofessional that you don't even leave a message? Who does that? All that is needed is your name and number!
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

This is a big complaint I have these days...so many people whose jobs it is to sit at a desk and answer the phone don't do that. They let every call go to voicemail and then take up to 3 days to call back. I don't spend my days at a desk with a phone on it. When they call back, they're 95% likely to get my voicemail. I am not enjoying the endless games of phone tag.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think people don't want to play phone tag. I missed a call from child support because I was at work and they didn't leave a voicemail so I had no idea who they were. They called back the next day so I figured it out.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 pm This is a big complaint I have these days...so many people whose jobs it is to sit at a desk and answer the phone don't do that. They let every call go to voicemail and then take up to 3 days to call back. I don't spend my days at a desk with a phone on it. When they call back, they're 95% likely to get my voicemail. I am not enjoying the endless games of phone tag.
I get that from contractors and handymen. I get it dude my job is too small for your time and energy. That's how I end up feeling when they take forever to call me back. Why not just SAY I can't and be done about it?
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 pm This is a big complaint I have these days...so many people whose jobs it is to sit at a desk and answer the phone don't do that. They let every call go to voicemail and then take up to 3 days to call back. I don't spend my days at a desk with a phone on it. When they call back, they're 95% likely to get my voicemail. I am not enjoying the endless games of phone tag.
I get that from contractors and handymen. I get it dude my job is too small for your time and energy. That's how I end up feeling when they take forever to call me back. Why not just SAY I can't and be done about it?
Now that's a shame. All the worker guys I do business with are down with the texting...so awesome.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Do cells not have caller ID's for numbers? I'm not sure how that works. I'm kind of curious what different number she called from that it didn't come up something like "City of __________" or something if didn't come up like that. I just use a landline and numbers with "official" looking caller IDs I'll pick up.
Nopeville
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:21 pm Do cells not have caller ID's for numbers? I'm not sure how that works. I'm kind of curious what different number she called from that it didn't come up something like "City of __________" or something if didn't come up like that. I just use a landline and numbers with "official" looking caller IDs I'll pick up.
I work for the county I live in and even from my desk phone, it comes up as "private number" instead of "County of..." It's tough, because no one wants to answer the phone for a number they don't know.
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

My SO is getting flooded with those insurance calls because he did the exact same thing you did and he also missed Important calls because he is screening them. I usually let all of my calls go to voicemail and majority of them do NOT leave a voicemail.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:12 pm
That reminds me of the time I contantly called called and left messages at our local heating and cooling company in town. Never answered or called back. Their loss I had a huge project for them. I am STILL waiting for them to call back 3 years later!
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:21 pm Do cells not have caller ID's for numbers? I'm not sure how that works. I'm kind of curious what different number she called from that it didn't come up something like "City of __________" or something if didn't come up like that. I just use a landline and numbers with "official" looking caller IDs I'll pick up.
I think maybe it has to do with the carrier. Unless a number is program in my phone, the name doesn't show up. The only thing I get is the number and state the call is from. Or it will show unknown if it's a private number. As for the other number she called from, I have no idea either. She didn't say. I guess it was from another office phone or maybe her personal number- if they do that? I have no clue.
Locked Previous topicNext topic