They are getting rid of buses next school year

Anonymous 1

Unread post

And I honestly do not know how I am going to get my kids to and from school. Right now we only have one car and unless something magical happens during summer we will have only one car next year. The bus stop was already half a mile away and we had to walk there every day which sucked but at least they got to school

We are new to town and I have had problems making friends. None of the people around me seem interested and even my kids dont have many friends at school yet. The school itself is 10 miles from our house.

I am worried that I am going to have to homeschool or something. I wouldnt even know what I would be doing. DH works 12 hour days and has to be there at 5:00 every day so he cant give them a ride. I thought about us all getting up and taking him but that would be a disaster for everyone.

I am freaking out and I dont know what to do. I wish we could just move back home but then DH wouldnt have a job. I didnt even realize schools can just get rid of buses.

UGH
Anonymous 2

Unread post

That's crazy with the school that far away. They just started charging for bussing here instead of getting rid of them because its just too far for those without a vehicle to get their kids to school.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How old are your kids? Could they stay home asleep while you drive DH?

I would see also if your school has a Facebook group for the parents. Mine does. If they do or if your area has a similar group maybe someone there can help.
Lolabearlow
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Take a deep breath.....

Call the school, they should have a backup plan for cases like this.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You will find a carpool group. Groups will poop up to meet these needs out of necessity. If not, be the person who starts one. For every problem, a creative solution is waiting to e born.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:20 am How old are your kids? Could they stay home asleep while you drive DH?

I would see also if your school has a Facebook group for the parents. Mine does. If they do or if your area has a similar group maybe someone there can help.
My oldest is 7. I would not feel comfortable with them staying home and sleeping

There is no facebook group.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:23 am You will find a carpool group.
There are no carpools going on near where I live. I looked into that.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lolabearlow wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:21 am Take a deep breath.....

Call the school, they should have a backup plan for cases like this.
I have been talking to them. There is no back up plan. There is no funding for buses. I can use their before and after school program but that doesnt help us in anyway. That was their alternative not really sure how that would help though
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Stop making excuses and become the solution to your own problem. Start a FB group, start a carpool, stop woe is me.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 10:27 am Stop making excuses and become the solution to your own problem. Start a FB group, start a carpool, stop woe is me.
Let us think this through. How can I start a carpool group without a car myself?

I am not sure how a facebook group would help either. As far as I can tell no other students live in my area. I went through the whole directory. My kids were the only ones at that bus stop too. The next one was over 5 miles away

Do you really think someone is going to drive miles and miles out of their way to pick up my kids when I have no way to reciprocate?

They arent excuses those are fact. You gave suggestions that wont work. I already though that stuff through and tried that route
Locked Previous topicNext topic