How unprofessional are we these days?

Anonymous 4

Unread post

I hear what you're saying. But I can't help but wonder if sometimes the reason a message isn't left is because LEGALLY the caller CAN'T or SHOULDN'T be leaving one. And I'd say that's not usually the case. But in this particular situation (where OP was waiting for a call back regarding a "legal concern"), maybe the caller was CORRECT to not leave a message. Know what I mean?
Diamepphyre wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 7:51 pm
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 pm This is a big complaint I have these days...so many people whose jobs it is to sit at a desk and answer the phone don't do that. They let every call go to voicemail and then take up to 3 days to call back. I don't spend my days at a desk with a phone on it. When they call back, they're 95% likely to get my voicemail. I am not enjoying the endless games of phone tag.
Contrary to what a lot of people seem to believe, there are not people who are doing nothing but sitting there waiting for the phone to ring. And it is unprofessional for a valid business, ESPECIALLY one like the OP referenced, to not leave a message when they call. They, of ALL people, should understand why people are now screening every phone call they get. If it's important, LEAVE A MESSAGE. If not, you don't get to be pissy when someone presumes you're a spammer and doesn't call back.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 8:07 pm I hear what you're saying. But I can't help but wonder if sometimes the reason a message isn't left is because LEGALLY the caller CAN'T or SHOULDN'T be leaving one. And I'd say that's not usually the case. But in this particular situation (where OP was waiting for a call back regarding a "legal concern"), maybe the caller was CORRECT to not leave a message. Know what I mean?
Hot4Tchr-Bieg wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:02 pm This is a big complaint I have these days...so many people whose jobs it is to sit at a desk and answer the phone don't do that. They let every call go to voicemail and then take up to 3 days to call back. I don't spend my days at a desk with a phone on it. When they call back, they're 95% likely to get my voicemail. I am not enjoying the endless games of phone tag.
Contrary to what a lot of people seem to believe, there are not people who are doing nothing but sitting there waiting for the phone to ring. And it is unprofessional for a valid business, ESPECIALLY one like the OP referenced, to not leave a message when they call. They, of ALL people, should understand why people are now screening every phone call they get. If it's important, LEAVE A MESSAGE. If not, you don't get to be pissy when someone presumes you're a spammer and doesn't call back.
Last year dealing with some estate stuff with the bank, one of the things the lady I talked to told me. She can't legally leave a message on VM for me to call back. It had to be done voice to voice.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 6

Unread post

[quote="Anonymous 1" post_id=413926 time=1558464466]
[quote=RealisticBeauty post_id=413905 time=1558463335 user_id=253]
My SO is getting flooded with those insurance calls because he did the exact same thing you did and he also missed Important calls because he is screening them. I usually let all of my calls go to voicemail and majority of them do NOT leave a voicemail.
[/quote]

I will NEVER do those online quotes again. I will never put my number anywhere again lol. Consider this a lesson learned. As paranoid as I may sound right now, I seriously think some of these people are messing with me now. Because I have told countless callers to take me off their call list. and yet im inundated with more calls. Some wont even say anything if I pick up. Thats why I decided to stop answering.

Confession, I used to think people complaining about spam callers were a little on the ridiculous side. Now I understand completely why people get so annoyed. I never knew that it can be this bad.
[/quote]

DD did the same thing and instead of leaving her cell number, she gave the house number.
I repeatedly requested that they remove my number from their callling list. They called me for weeks/almost an entire month. So I finally lost it and devised a plan to stop this once and for all.
When they would call, if it was a man....I would ask him how big and wide was his dick, did he have hairy balls and did he give good head.
If it was a woman, I would ask how big her tits were, did she orgasm from tongue , dick or toy penetration, did she toss salads and did she like anal S*x.
It took about a week of doing this for every call and they all finally removed my number from their calling list :)
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I know people have other responsibilities at their desks. But for years and years, they managed to also answer the phones. This is a new thing I'm seeing it at schools, private businesses, doctors' offices, etc. I'm sorry, but if your job is to sit at a desk next to a phone, then it's probably in the job description to answer it. Because the person calling is likely not sitting at a desk next to a phone able to answer the callback.

Oh...and there's this one woman that's driving me F***ing batshit! We think she is a temp at my mom's oncologists office. She does not leave a message on my mom's (the patient's) voicemail. She hangs up and calls my cell, even though my number is just an emergency contact number. And her messages on MY cell go like "Good Morning Linda (my mom), this is Rose at the doctor's office. Please call us back. Thank you." What a numbskull...Mom has A LOT of doctors; maybe include the doc's name or a phone number or a clever riddle or something!!!
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

She should have left a message. I wouldn't want to work with this person, if that's how she reacts to missed phone calls.

CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So she thinks you should have somehow magically known to call her back when she didn't even bother to leave you a message? I get a lot of spam debt collection calls so I screen my calls too, by I have downloaded an app that warns me if it's spam.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That has happened to me.
Locked Previous topicNext topic