Their puppy won't stay away! He is going to get attacked!

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My neighbors 2 doors down decided to get a puppy. Which I dont care I mind my own business. But this stupid dog of theirs is constantly in MY backyard causing my very protective dog to chase him off. Well every time we see that stupid dog on my property I got to call my dog over to me and take him inside so he won't hurt the dog he is chasing off.

Like Saturday afternoon my dh and I were planting flowers. Kids playing with our dog in the backyard and all of a sudden the neighbors stupid dog comes walking into our yard. I am thinking does this dog have a death wish or something? I stop everything pick up my dog and pysically take him inside so he won't hurt the neighbors dog.

My dog won't leave our property and he very protective of our whole family so once the neighbors dog crosses into our yard our dog sees him as a threat. I would call animal control but he is buddy's with our neighbor. I talked to our neighbor but the redneck drunk just ignored me.

My neighbor knows about it to because I even try to chase the dog away yelling get out of here. Go back home!

It's gotten so bad that we have to be on the lookout every single time I take my dog outside to use the bathroom or do anything with him.

Wwyd?
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If your dog is this aggressive, why don't you have a fence to keep anything or anyone from entering the yard? It doesn't seem safe to have a dog unleashed and unrestrained if they would kill any living thing that came near them.
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

How is this puppy getting into your backyard constantly? There no fence?
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 1

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:50 pm How is this puppy getting into your backyard constantly? There no fence?
We live on a corner so fencing it would be a darn near fortune to do.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:47 pm If your dog is this aggressive, why don't you have a fence to keep anything or anyone from entering the yard? It doesn't seem safe to have a dog unleashed and unrestrained if they would kill any living thing that came near them.
He is not aggressive. He is protective. He doesn't kill every living thing. He doesn't kill squirrels, cats, birds, ect because they are not seen as a threat. Also did you miss the part will he not leave our yard. He knows the boundaries he doesn't cross them.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Puppy nap him and take him to a no kill shelter. Ooops puppy ran away.

Seriously I know it sounds harsh but if the alternative is death and you can't afford a fence idk what else you can do.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm sorry, I understand the nuisance of the situation.

But I would likely work on training my dog. I have a protective dog, who will alert me when people or other dogs enter our yard or residence, but we have worked really hard with him so he does not attack. If you don't have a fence, it would me make me feel more comfortable to know I had control of the situation. You can only control your dog, not others...
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm I'm sorry, I understand the nuisance of the situation.

But I would likely work on training my dog. I have a protective dog, who will alert me when people or other dogs enter our yard or residence, but we have worked really hard with him so he does not attack. If you don't have a fence, it would me make me feel more comfortable to know I had control of the situation. You can only control your dog, not others...
I think the only issue with this is that it won't happen overnight. And OP's dog may attack the puppy in the meantime while he is still learning. Then she could be on the hook for medical bills or at the very least cause bad blood between the neighbor and her. If he won't keep his animal safe/doesn't care then it sounds like he'd be the type to try and sue OP or be nasty to her if her dog hurt his dog. He probably wouldn't win if he tried to sue but still, it would be a headache.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

If you have a dog you need a fence. Very simple.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 1:04 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:59 pm I'm sorry, I understand the nuisance of the situation.

I think the only issue with this is that it won't happen overnight. And OP's dog may attack the puppy in the meantime while he is still learning. Then she could be on the hook for medical bills or at the very least cause bad blood between the neighbor and her. If he won't keep his animal safe/doesn't care then it sounds like he'd be the type to try and sue OP or be nasty to her if her dog hurt his dog. He probably wouldn't win if he tried to sue but still, it would be a headache.
I understand what you are saying, but in my opinion, it’s a huge liability whether that puppy disappears or not.

Attacking a puppy seems aggressive to me.

I personally would arrange play dates, so they can learn each other. We did that when my neighbors got new dogs, so they wouldn’t argue at the fence.
Locked Previous topicNext topic