Unhealthy birthday meals

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:50 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 am You cook whatever the Birthday King wants........
Lol! I am the only royalty in this house. It’s more like birthday peasant :lol: ;)
LOL
As long as he knows that!

I'd make it. It's once a year. Some people do a cheat day each week, so an annual artery clogger isn't a bad thing.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Conweis
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Maybe add a little healthy in the mix. Mayne allowed sodium white gravy and change the oil up

I had my birthday recently and wanted shrimp scampi.
I made it but with placed it on a bed of zoodles (zucchini noodles). It cut over 300 calories. I did get some low calorie penne noodles for the rest of the family and had a few noodles, but remembered I really wanted to stay in my calorie budget and still get a slice of cheesecake LOL!
Deleted User 114

Unread post

Birthday celebrant chooses all the meals.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Unhealthy is 100% ok on birthdays.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The birthday is about them. They get to have anything they want so if it is unhealthy so be it.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 10:11 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:50 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:47 am You cook whatever the Birthday King wants........
Lol! I am the only royalty in this house. It’s more like birthday peasant :lol: ;)
LOL
As long as he knows that!

I'd make it. It's once a year. Some people do a cheat day each week, so an annual artery clogger isn't a bad thing.
He'd laugh and if he knew you well, he'd make some low brow comment like "a peasant? hell, I'm a damn eunuch, she put my balls in her purse about 20 years ago" but with a huge smile, SO don't let that fool you, he loves my constant care-taking and orders, lol. :)

We cheat plenty with take-out, HAHA! I just try to cook healthier meals...
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 9:19 am
LiveWhatULove wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:38 am Do you abandon all healthy dining rules for birthday dinners and just make the favorite meals?

It is DH’s birthday, and I am trying to decide if I want to make his favorite “chicken fried steak” with buttery mashed potatoes or feed him healthier, I mean he’s not 21 anymore, lol!

He said he did not care...

This is my ridiculous first world dilemma of the day,
mmmm I miss chicken fried steak.
lol, it's never been my favorite, now that huge plate of spaghetti and meatballs with fresh cheese on my birthday...not even my question, HAHA. I'm such a hypocrite.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Falling off the healthy meal wagon one day a year is not a big deal, imo.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 pm Falling off the healthy meal wagon one day a year is not a big deal, imo.
Agreed, except we fall off weekly with take-out, lol, we're like skilled ninjas at jumping in and out of the damn wagon, haha. I typically just don't cook that way!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

I make/pick up the birthday persons favorite meal
Locked Previous topicNext topic