How far should we go with this?

anon 1

Unread post

I just saw on Facebook a post from a woman who said that her daughter died because she ate a chips ahoy cookie and it had peanuts in it. I guess the girl thought the package looked like the regular cookies they have at home and didn't realize it until she was having trouble breathing. She had 2 epi pen doses but died waiting for the ambulance. The mom wants chips ahoy to take all the peanut butter cookies off the market. Others say they should change the packaging but that won't be enough for mom. What do you think?
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I can't imagine the pain that mother feels. Obviously, she was wants peanut plant to become extinct if possible, so much anger, she likely cannot think straight.

But of course, the rest of the world goes on, and NO, we shouldn't take peanut products off the cookie shelf or out of the chips ahoy package.
famousglm714
Regent
Regent

Unread post

That will never happen. I'm almost positive the package says it was made in a factory with peanuts. This blatantly said it was peanut flavored. It is very tragic but not the company's fault. We can't just make peanuts nonexistent. I suppose we could but what an ordeal that would be.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

The poor legacy of George Washington Carver.
Inmybizz
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My daughter has an extreme nut/peanut allergy I instruct her to read the entire bag and not just go by color or being familiar with the color of the product packaging, because things change. If I'm reading the right story you are referring to it had a reese's cup on the front that alone would indicated peanut butter.

If people don't carefully look at product packages I'm okay with a different color or some other indicator. In the end I think it's up to the person with the allergy to be aware.
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Can you imagine people going to jail for smuggling peanut butter to the United States?
I shit glitter
AnakinVader

Unread post

I feel bad for the mom, but it's up to the parent/caretaker/child to read the ENTIRE package if they have a allergy like that.
Reedusstalker

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 pm I can't imagine the pain that mother feels. Obviously, she was wants peanut plant to become extinct if possible, so much anger, she likely cannot think straight.

But of course, the rest of the world goes on, and NO, we shouldn't take peanut products off the cookie shelf or out of the chips ahoy package.
This. Im sorry she lost her daughter. I can't even imagine. I have to wonder why the child didnt check the package they had come from. Her demands are coming from anger which is never good. And i dont think they should be met. Its not the cookie companies fault this happen.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Put this on the front and then you know it is safe. If you do not see that and you child has a allergy - read the ingredients. Even if you see it still read the ingredients. It is our own responsibility to keep our families safe when it come to this.
Attachments
peanut.jpg
peanut.jpg (8.05 KiB) Viewed 436 times
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

You need to always check what you are eating when you have a food allergy. I feel so bad for this family.

People with food allergies need to be proactive and on the look out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic