Do you do this too?

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Have you ever made a post, whether it be on here or facebook or anywhere else, and instantly regret it? Not because of the types of replies, but because of the amount of replies that you get. Then you get overwhelmed because you dont want to be rude and ignore people's replies since they were nice enough to take the time and read your post then comment. You dont want them to think you are being rude specifically to them and dont appreciate their willingness to share. But at the same time, after 15-20 or so comments it just becomes redundant and you find yourself repeating what you've said to everyone else and it just seems disingenuous.

Anyways there is no real meaning to this post other than to see if anyone else does this. And also to say.. I hope you are all having a blessed day!
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

No...

Maybe I'm rude, but replying to people because they said something on a post I made is not really a priority for me.

I reply when I feel like it, If I don't feel like it, I do something else.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yep.

I suck at replying and knowing when it’s ok to not reply and, ugh, everything about replying.

I do appreciate everyone’s help, but feel like a jerk because I don’t know how to say that.

Also, even when it’s just a few responses, I don’t want to answer and bump it back up because it risks getting more responses.

So, yeah...
RealisticBeauty
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't regret making most of my post however I do sometimes feel bad about not getting back to everyone.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

When people decided it would be more fun to make ridiculous assumptions and accusations that weren't true in a post where I was just looking to talk about how I felt about something, yeah, I regretted that a little bit. Kicking people when they're down is great sport around here.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:29 pm When people decided it would be more fun to make ridiculous assumptions and accusations that weren't true in a post where I was just looking to talk about how I felt about something, yeah, I regretted that a little bit. Kicking people when they're down is great sport around here.
YES, this!

There's almost an art to posting, lol. You can't want to make it too long, but if you leave too much out, people assume the craziest things. I'm like, "oh MY, where did they get that from." And I totally regret the post.

I haven't done that for a long time though, LOL.
mojogirl
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

i don't make posts so i suppose this doesn't really apply to me, but i certainly don't always respond to people who reply to my replies, even when asked directed questions. it's not that i don't care... wait, that's wrong, it's exactly because i don't care. call me apathetic. i've been called worse. :/
Anonymous 1

Unread post

ReadingRainbow wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:25 pm No...

Maybe I'm rude, but replying to people because they said something on a post I made is not really a priority for me.

I reply when I feel like it, If I don't feel like it, I do something else.
Sometimes I wish I could feel easier about being rude. It's less of a priority and more of an obligation I put on myself. Whats funny is I dont expect the same from others. And almost welcome not being replied back to. I like being the last one to have the say. Its a clearer line that way when I end the conversation.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:31 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:29 pm When people decided it would be more fun to make ridiculous assumptions and accusations that weren't true in a post where I was just looking to talk about how I felt about something, yeah, I regretted that a little bit. Kicking people when they're down is great sport around here.
YES, this!

There's almost an art to posting, lol. You can't want to make it too long, but if you leave too much out, people assume the craziest things. I'm like, "oh MY, where did they get that from." And I totally regret the post.

I haven't done that for a long time though, LOL.

By that point they've already started talking between themselves about how stupid the OP (me) is and wrong and in denial and shame on me. Because of whatever trail their mind went down that must have been how my situation was, based off of two short paragraphs that I wrote that they took and ran with. And even predicted that I would marry someone who abused me in the future. All because I wanted to talk about something that happened to me several years before my post. Haven't married that abusive man that was predicted. I dont understand people. I know it shouldn't bother me, but sometimes it does.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I don't recall ever regretting any. But I've definitely felt the need to play the hostess in my own posts.
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Locked Previous topicNext topic