I fucked up a bit.

Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I was desperate to get this job (it's nothing big, it's just a sales associate job at Ross, but it starts off at $11 which is pretty damn good around here) I told the guy that I was able to work 8-2 just fine, and I got my sister to agree to babysit my 3 year old the 2 hours that both my hubs and I are working. I'm paying her $15 an hour to watch him for the 2 hours.

I didn't figure in the fact that summer is literally in 2 months and all the kids will be out of school, so I've fucked myself over on this job. I'm hooooping that I can be his best employee to the point that he loves me so much he wouldn't wanna get rid of me, but he might fix my hours to where I can get off at 12 instead of 2, or even work just the 2 days that my husband is off from open to close. But I'm kinda nervous he'll say no and end up firing me.

tldr; I'm stupid and whining about my stupidity.
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

What about working opposite shifts? That's what DH and I do. He works till 3:30 and I work at 4.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not stupid and not whinny. I trust that you will have it sorted out over the next two months. I know how stressful it is to arrange childcare. care.com can be a very helpful tool for parents when it comes to childcare. Congratulations on your new job. I hope you like it and I hope they do love you.
Shaken1976
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How old are the other kids?
https://www.vettix.org/ref/230481

If you or your spouse is a Vet, check out this link. They offer really cheap tickets to local events and concerts. I have done a lot of cool stuff through them.
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:59 pm What about working opposite shifts? That's what DH and I do. He works till 3:30 and I work at 4.
This is about as opposite as I can get it to be. DH's schedule is computer based, so management have no say on when he gets to work. As for my job, he said he could only work with me if I could stay till 2.

That's why I'm hoping like hell I can charm this guy into letting me leave at 12 starting in the next 2 months. Otherwise I'm in hella big trouble, or I'll have to double my sister's pay which....honestly at that point won't have a point of me having a job cause all the money would be going to her.

Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:00 pm Not stupid and not whinny. I trust that you will have it sorted out over the next two months. I know how stressful it is to arrange childcare. care.com can be a very helpful tool for parents when it comes to childcare. Congratulations on your new job. I hope you like it and I hope they do love you.
I looked into the care.com and was really interested but I'd be paying at least 25 a week more for some stranger than I would with my sister, so for now I'm opting on that. I'm hella F***ing nervous to hire a stranger T_T ahhh.
Thank you though!
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Shaken1976 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 3:02 pm How old are the other kids?
I have a 3 year old, 5 year old and 6 year old. All three are autistic, but high functioning. (she has experience since her 6 year old daughter is also autistic)
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Can you get a job working at night?
Spookly
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:09 pm Can you get a job working at night?
I put a few applications in for working at night but no one but these people have offered me a job as of yet. If I get a better offer or the same offer for better hours, then I will let them know. Or try to figure something out where I can do both, maybe.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Indeed dot com
Search night turn
Locked Previous topicNext topic