I shouldn't have done this

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Im at my internship and my supervisor told me she would be heading out to go to the store I said okay...usually whenever someone "goes to the store" they are gone for atleast an hour doing god knows what....The office was empty so i took that opportunity to call the mechanic who ripped me off for $500 PLUS the interior of my car is cream and they left motor oil all over my seats ..god knows how much its going to cost to get cleaned .

I was in a shouting match with this guy when not one but two supervisors came strolling in but i was so heated talking to this guy that I just ignored their presence.

Now neither one is talking to me...the supervisor left without a word and the other usually tells me good morning but is walking by me in silence.

It's sooooo awkward and tommorow is my last day here because my semester is over.The supervisor has my final evaluation...god knows what she's going to put after this.

I did not yell or shout on the phone but my voice was ...VERY raised and you could likely hear me down the hall but what was i supposed to do speak meekly when Im trying to threaten someone with a lawsuit? That wouldn't have worked.I HAD to get aggresive with him to get my money back!
bluebunnybabe
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So, are they going to do a refund?
🍦Kid Crack Dealer🍦
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Btw there is nowhere else but my office that I couldve had this conversation...this place is effing weird all the doors must remain open at all times even the supervisors offices are always open.I wish I wouldve waited until after I was off to call the mechanic but I didnt know the call would esculate like it did
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yeah, I'd have waited until I was done to call.. Personal calls shouldn't be made in the workplace unless it an emergency, even if you are just an intern.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

bluebunnybabe wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:35 am So, are they going to do a refund?
The guy who took my money has been in the dominican republic for weeks. He has a slew of people looking for him.He has a new shop and he gave me the address to go there when he's back from the dominican republic. I think they're in cahoots.I gave him a deadline to give me my money back. He's going to tell the guy to give me my money back.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 am Yeah, I'd have waited until I was done to call.. Personal calls shouldn't be made in the workplace unless it an emergency, even if you are just an intern.
Understandable.I see the other supervisors make personal calls all the time.This internship sucks to be honest.There is literally nothing for me to do every time I come here.I intern at headstart.Im in the office I dont get to go in the classrooms and play with the children.I just sit in front of a desk and surf the net and answer the phone.The supervisor never has any work for me to do I ask and she just says everything's fine...

Im bored...this is not social work...I just do my homework until its time to clock out.The other supervisor goes to the mall everyday for an hour ..the front desk guy left to " go to the store" and was gone for nearly two hours.Im just counting the days until im done which is tommorow
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:37 am Btw there is nowhere else but my office that I couldve had this conversation...this place is effing weird all the doors must remain open at all times even the supervisors offices are always open.I wish I wouldve waited until after I was off to call the mechanic but I didnt know the call would esculate like it did
Be expecting a poor evaluation with the terms extremely unprofessional in it
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, you are right. You shouldn't have done that. Also how can you be in a shouting match without shouting or yelling? A "VERY raised and likely can hear me down the hall" voice would be considered shouting/yelling.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Like this wasn’t expected
EmilyH87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:48 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:41 am Yeah, I'd have waited until I was done to call.. Personal calls shouldn't be made in the workplace unless it an emergency, even if you are just an intern.
Understandable.I see the other supervisors make personal calls all the time.This internship sucks to be honest.There is literally nothing for me to do every time I come here.I intern at headstart.Im in the office I dont get to go in the classrooms and play with the children.I just sit in front of a desk and surf the net and answer the phone.The supervisor never has any work for me to do I ask and she just says everything's fine...

Im bored...this is not social work...I just do my homework until its time to clock out.The other supervisor goes to the mall everyday for an hour ..the front desk guy left to " go to the store" and was gone for nearly two hours.Im just counting the days until im done which is tommorow
Guess what? Doesn't matter. Still your job and you shouldn't have taken care of personal matters during work time. Just because other people do something they probably shouldn't doesn't mean you should go ahead and do it too.

Also, didn't that mechanic charge you $350?
Dungeon & Dragons Shenanigans:
https://twitch.tv/teambonusaction
Locked Previous topicNext topic