I am taking my step kids to disneyland and I dont care if it hurts BMs feelings

viv74
Viscountess
Viscountess

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:09 pm
famousglm714 wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:43 pm I’d be happy. I don’t think Disney is that huge of a deal to be worried about firsts. How silly. I’ve been there once and hope to never go again. I’m old and grouchy and have lost all interest in standing in lines and amusement parks in general, lol. I’ll plop my ass on the beach with a margarita. Now that’s amusement.
My 10 year old has been to Disney World in Florida 17 times (we live in Connecticut lol). After our last trip in December it was so miserably crowded that I told everyone I needed a 2 year break from Disney! It’s really gone downhill IMO, and the service level at the deluxe resorts has taken a nose dive. Two trips ago we stayed at the Four Seasons on Disney property, but it lacked Disney Magic (although the service was spot on).
We go every year and I have noticed the decline . Even the employees are cranky. They’re nowhere near as friendly as they used to be . The crowds are ridiculous. Twenty years ago they would stop letting people in for the day if the crowds were too large. I don’t think they do this anymore. The way they have to direct the traffic of people now , makes me feel like I’m cattle being herded 😂
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Uh huh 😏
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My dh and I also took ds to his 1st disney trip. Bm was mad because she was saving to take him. Oh well we didnt have to save so we took him
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:15 am My dh and I also took ds to his 1st disney trip. Bm was mad because she was saving to take him. Oh well we didnt have to save so we took him
You Step-moms speak of Disney as if it was a trip of a life time. Take your step kid on a African Safari or to Switzerland, then you'll be doing something GRAND
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I don’t see the big fascination with Disney.
Deleted User 203

Unread post

I wonder if Disneyland gives a discounted rate for all of the criticized, small town step-Moms who've decided to thumb their noses at a BM's dislike of this coveted Disney trip?

I wonder if there are bonus perks for these same step-Moms if they can show they've gone on a public forum such as THIS one to announce their triumph at scoring yet another coup against those same BM's? Will screen shots suffice as proof of that announcement..."See? There it is. I wrote about it to a ton of strangers. Can I get my free food coupons and Mickey Mouse ears now?"
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:13 pm Here we go again.

I think the Dad sounds pretty sh*t to have his kids for the entire Spring break and not try to take off for as much of it as he can to spend time with them. If they are going to Disneyland-Dad should be going too.

I ask this every time but why are you even talking to BM? That is DH's job and really neither of you should be talking to her more than a simple you need to know this and that which you can do through a family wizard app so you don't even have to listen to her complain. The app won't let her do that.

And I agree with BM that he should ABSOLUTELY follow the court order.EVERYONE should.
Parents need to work regardless if their kids are on break or not.
I shit glitter
WickedPissah
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:18 am I don’t see the big fascination with Disney.
I don't either. I've never had any desire to go. But shit if stepmom wanted to bring my kid go for it.
I shit glitter
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 5 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:41 am
Anonymous 4 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:15 am My dh and I also took ds to his 1st disney trip. Bm was mad because she was saving to take him. Oh well we didnt have to save so we took him
You Step-moms speak of Disney as if it was a trip of a life time. Take your step kid on a African Safari or to Switzerland, then you'll be doing something GRAND
That's how I feel but I live in Florida. Been to Orlando so often i think i know half the hotels there. We just go to meet family usually. My boys won't turn down a trip to Disney but neither would we call it the trip of a lifetime.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I have no issues that you're taking them and think it is great that you want to spend time with them. However, your delight that she is upset is pretty shitty. I wouldn't change my plans because she is upset but at the same time I would understand and sympathize that she is upset about it and not making a post gloating about it.
Locked Previous topicNext topic