This is why it sucks being so dependent on technology.

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I wanted to pay bills yesterday, which I always do through online bill pay on my banks website. Well the Wells Fargo site was down yesterday. So I try again today. They have a message on the homepage apologizing for the issue and saying it is fixed now. Well, no it's not. I try to log in and the circle just keeps going round and round and round. If I actually get logged in, then click on "bill pay" it thinks for a minute then takes me to the page as if I logged out. It's still not working and I need to get my bills paid.

So now I'm going to each individual website for each bill and paying online that way. Which some of these I've never registered online before so I have to go through the whole registration process. I was already registered for my health insurance bill, but not for the mortgage or the water bill or the credit card bill. But I can't wait for Wells Fargo to get things figured out. They need to get paid.

I swear life was easier without technology.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

And now the mortgage company wants to charge me a one-time payment fee of $5.00 to make the payment on their website. Grrr.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Then mall them a check or call them and phone pay. I schedule everything on the first of the month. It's annoying that wells Fargo was down but hell my parents used to send me to the bank and city hall with the bills and checks in hand. This was the seventies and they said they wanted us to know something about how the mortgage and other bills were paid.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:58 am And now the mortgage company wants to charge me a one-time payment fee of $5.00 to make the payment on their website. Grrr.
I'd write a paper check just to annoy them but I think my parents and I are the last Americans to use them.
Mammagoose
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:02 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:58 am And now the mortgage company wants to charge me a one-time payment fee of $5.00 to make the payment on their website. Grrr.
I'd write a paper check just to annoy them but I think my parents and I are the last Americans to use them.
I use paper checks a lot. I use them for my water bill, dds dance tuition, DHS union dues, a medical bill that I have, and anytime I need to pay individuals and dont have cash or the church.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I understand. I too, am addicted to immediacy of tech, it's very frustrating when it does not work!

But no way in hell, do i want to go back to paper billing, checks, stamps and snail mail!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I have a check book tucked away in the drawer. It normally only comes out when we have to call in someone like a plumber or electrician. The mortgage was due the 1st but not delinquent until the 15th so I've got a little time on that one either way. It's just super annoying. If I did paper check though I'd have to see if I could dig out their return envelope from the trash. lol I usually throw those away right away because I never need them.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:08 pm I understand. I too, am addicted to immediacy of tech, it's very frustrating when it does not work!

But no way in hell, do i want to go back to paper billing, checks, stamps and snail mail!
I've stood in line to pay at city hall. Lol I like technology I damn near forgot to pay off a promotional deal. I went to their web site. It was one of those pay by blah blah date or get hit with interest from the day of your birth things.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I only pay by checks for the mortgage. We send extra for the principal every month and any time I've used the bank's site for them to send a check and put extra principal on it, the mortgage company puts it towards escrow. If I wanted it put towards escrow, I would note that your goobers...grrr. It drives me nuts. I learned to just write a check. I use checks for the mortgage, the CPA visit every year, and if I buy from a fundraiser for a neighbor kiddo.. I also use them for co-op as we have a credit card machine, but then we have to charge the 3% fee they charge us to use it and we don't want to do that so checks or cash are cheaper all the way around. I think I write 15 checks a year..all the rest are done through bill pay online.

Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:33 pm I only pay by checks for the mortgage. We send extra for the principal every month and any time I've used the bank's site for them to send a check and put extra principal on it, the mortgage company puts it towards escrow. If I wanted it put towards escrow, I would note that your goobers...grrr. It drives me nuts. I learned to just write a check. I use checks for the mortgage, the CPA visit every year, and if I buy from a fundraiser for a neighbor kiddo.. I also use them for co-op as we have a credit card machine, but then we have to charge the 3% fee they charge us to use it and we don't want to do that so checks or cash are cheaper all the way around. I think I write 15 checks a year..all the rest are done through bill pay online.

I believe on my banks website it gives me options for payment towards the principal or the escrow. That sucks that yours doesn't.
Locked Previous topicNext topic