I can't believe how many are saying they are keeping their kids home tomorrow.

Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Sassy762 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:11 pm l always drive mine to and from school. They stay home if the schools are closed
You've been awful quiet lady! How have you been?
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Reedusstalker

Unread post

I live in ohio. Our schools were closed yesterday and today because it's -30. It hurts to be outside. They close because of all the kids who have to work. You can get frostbite in minutes with temp like that
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

School was closed yesterday and it’s closed today. It’s -30 with the windchill. No way would I send the girls if school happened to be open.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

We shut down the entire city when it freezes and the roads are icy here.
I'm in Texas. We're not equipped for icy weather. Too many bridges, we dont even get the winter tires here. People forget how to drive in the rain and go insane when there's ice on the road.

In my conditions I wouldn't have a problem keeping my kids home.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Yes but tomorrow is a teachers planning day here lol. Honestly I've never been in weather that cold. If a polar vortex hit here yes they'd stay home because we'd be ill prepared to handle it. If I'm in Canada I'd imagine I'd have proper clothes.
californiagirl83
Regent
Regent

Unread post

When the news warns of 'near-instant frostbite-causing cold and wind', I don't blame anyone for not wanting to be out in that for even 'just a few minutes'. That's all it takes for irreparable damage to occur.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

Schools are closed here.
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

School was closed yesterday, we have it today. It’s actual above zero right now. My kids are bus kids that get picked up in their drive way so it doesn’t matter much to me but I know there are a lot of town kids that walk and unfortunately too many kids don’t have proper clothing. As someone else said, I would rather go to school an extra day durning the summer than go to. Funeral in the winter. There were 11 states that stopped mail delivery yesterday, -55 windchills are nothing to fool around with.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Iffrinn wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:59 am
MistressMonster wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 pm
Iffrinn wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:11 pm I would not be sending my kids in below zero weather. We don't get that around here, and we are not used to it. Is there not a danger of frostbite when there are windchills of -25 degrees outside?
Yes there is a big danger of frostbite in these temps. It can happen in as little as 5 minutes, according to reports.
If that is the case, then schools SHOULD be closed. No way would my kids be going out in temps that cold.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/heal ... ather.html

Here is an article about how bad it is to go out in these temps.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

um...good for you? want a cookie? If you want to fool with your kids safety, go for it -- no need to bash others who actually take safety into consideration living in inclimate weather. Not everyone 'lives up north'.
Locked Previous topicNext topic