Is he the UNCLE or DAD?? Please help me because his family is pissed!

StarGlitter
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

I'm really hoping to get some much-needed advice. I'm sure that a lot of you remember me from CM, I'm the one who was freaking out over which brother is my daughter's father. I'm hoping that there are already some new people in here that can possibly help me with this matter. I'm STILL getting different opinions on a recent Avuncular DNA test that was done on my daughter. Let me explain first.....my daughter's father passed away several years ago and a DNA test was just recently done on my daughter and her uncle (her dad's brother). Well, the results came back with the brother looking more like the uncle. FYI- I only slept with the ''uncle'' once. His family is riled up and accusing him of being the father. It's a huge mess! The DNA results came back 99.9 percent relatedness with a relatedness index of over 1,000. Everyone is saying that the results are too high to only be an uncle and that it should only be around 70 or 80 percent. Soooo....I call several different labs to get their opinion, and they are all telling me different things. One is telling me that it will show a reading of 99.9 percent since it's a relatedness test, and another lab is telling me that it shouldn't be that high of a reading and that I need to check into a paternity test for the ''uncle''. For personal reasons, I do NOT want to do a paternity test on him. I would like to keep it the way it is. I also cannot go through life just assuming that he's really her uncle when he's really her father. I'm going to post some of the DNA results and I would like to get some opinions on whether or not I should be worried.

I'm aware that this isn't my first time posting about this over on Cafe Mom, but if you only knew how bad I'm freaking out over this. I cannot get a good answer about this test and it's just feeding more into my stress especially since his family is now throwing around accusations. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks so much!!!!
Attachments
results.jpg
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Just ask uncle daddy for a paternity test and get it over with or contact the original testing facility and ask for clarification. Sometimes you have to do things you really don't want to do but that's a part of life.
StarGlitter
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm Just ask uncle daddy for a paternity test and get it over with or contact the original testing facility and ask for clarification. Sometimes you have to do things you really don't want to do but that's a part of life.
I did call and they told me that it could indicate that he is the father. They really wouldn't know without a paternity test done. I keep getting different things told to me and I'm getting nowhere.
bmw29
Regent
Regent

Unread post

StarGlitter wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:47 pm
bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:34 pm Just ask uncle daddy for a paternity test and get it over with or contact the original testing facility and ask for clarification. Sometimes you have to do things you really don't want to do but that's a part of life.
I did call and they told me that it could indicate that he is the father. They really wouldn't know without a paternity test done. I keep getting different things told to me and I'm getting nowhere.
They would know their tests best so it sounds like you need to duck it up and get the paternity test. I'm sure it's embarrassing but it's not like uncle daddy doesn't know y'all got it on.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

You have one option GET A DNA TEST from him. We can't help you any further then that.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Oh boy!
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

If you won't get a DNA test, then there sure as hell isn't anything we can tell you to do about this shit show.
ThisIsMom
Peon

Unread post

What does it matter?????? Daddy is dead... shouldn’t uncle step up anyways?
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

StarGlitter wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:32 pm I'm really hoping to get some much-needed advice. I'm sure that a lot of you remember me from CM, I'm the one who was freaking out over which brother is my daughter's father. I'm hoping that there are already some new people in here that can possibly help me with this matter. I'm STILL getting different opinions on a recent Avuncular DNA test that was done on my daughter. Let me explain first.....my daughter's father passed away several years ago and a DNA test was just recently done on my daughter and her uncle (her dad's brother). Well, the results came back with the brother looking more like the uncle. FYI- I only slept with the ''uncle'' once. His family is riled up and accusing him of being the father. It's a huge mess! The DNA results came back 99.9 percent relatedness with a relatedness index of over 1,000. Everyone is saying that the results are too high to only be an uncle and that it should only be around 70 or 80 percent. Soooo....I call several different labs to get their opinion, and they are all telling me different things. One is telling me that it will show a reading of 99.9 percent since it's a relatedness test, and another lab is telling me that it shouldn't be that high of a reading and that I need to check into a paternity test for the ''uncle''. For personal reasons, I do NOT want to do a paternity test on him. I would like to keep it the way it is. I also cannot go through life just assuming that he's really her uncle when he's really her father. I'm going to post some of the DNA results and I would like to get some opinions on whether or not I should be worried.

I'm aware that this isn't my first time posting about this over on Cafe Mom, but if you only knew how bad I'm freaking out over this. I cannot get a good answer about this test and it's just feeding more into my stress especially since his family is now throwing around accusations. PLEASE HELP ME. Thanks so much!!!!
See, you said over in CM that you never slept with him.
StarGlitter
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

bmw29 wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:48 pm
StarGlitter wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:47 pm
They would know their tests best so it sounds like you need to duck it up and get the paternity test. I'm sure it's embarrassing but it's not like uncle daddy doesn't know y'all got it on.
They sure didn't help too much. They just told me that since it's an Avuncular test, it will show 99.9 percent as being related. It's very frustrating to keep being told different stories. I really don't want him to be the father so this is why I don't want to do a paternity test on him.
Locked Previous topicNext topic