30,000 bees

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

In a few months, I’ll end up with 30,000 bees or so in my car!

I’m only actually keeping 10,000 or so for myself, but I’m excited to get them started again! I didn’t have any last season because we moved, but the two years before that my hives did pretty well. I really enjoy being out there with them, the smell and the sound of the hive. I still have tons of honey from the first couple of years, so maybe I’ll start selling that, too.

Can’t wait for April! Buzz buzz buzz!
Deleted User 172

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:04 pm In a few months, I’ll end up with 30,000 bees or so in my car!

I’m only actually keeping 10,000 or so for myself, but I’m excited to get them started again! I didn’t have any last season because we moved, but the two years before that my hives did pretty well. I really enjoy being out there with them, the smell and the sound of the hive. I still have tons of honey from the first couple of years, so maybe I’ll start selling that, too.

Can’t wait for April! Buzz buzz buzz!
That is both terrifying and exhilarating.
I'm glad you're keeping bees. World can't continue without bees
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

That's awesome! My cousin is an owner/operator. He transports bees all the time. Once he had a full load plus I forget how many "boxes", or whatever they're called, of queens that had to ride in the cab with him. The pictures are crazy and amazing.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Cool! Such a neat learning experience for the kids too. I wish my dh wasn't allergic, I'm jealous.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

That is my nightmare and I detest honey.

If it wasn’t for their pollination abilities Id be fine if they all died off.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Bubelah wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:26 pm That's awesome! My cousin is an owner/operator. He transports bees all the time. Once he had a full load plus I forget how many "boxes", or whatever they're called, of queens that had to ride in the cab with him. The pictures are crazy and amazing.
The first year when I got my package bees, one of the queens was DOA, so they overnighted me another through the mail. Literally they just dropped a queen (in a little box) and a handful of workers into a cardboard mailer and sent it! They had a little hole cut out and taped some screen over it so they could breath, but once I opened it up, the bees could fly right out.

My mailman said it was the weirdest thing he had seen come through the mail so far. Lol.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

LuckyEightWow wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:09 pm That is my nightmare and I detest honey.

If it wasn’t for their pollination abilities Id be fine if they all died off.
I don’t mind honey, but we don’t eat a lot of it. We have so, so much honey in the cupboard right now!
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Ugh! I don't like bees. They bother us when we are trying to enjoy our pool. They do us a favor when they end up drowning themselves. Otherwise if they're too pesty my DH will swat them down into the water and kill them. They've stung both my husband and my son before in the pool. I don't want to be next.
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I hate bees
leadfoot40
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I hate bees
Locked Previous topicNext topic