My ex tries to ruin things when I date.

Anonymous 6

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:48 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:03 pm
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:20 am what is he actually doing thats ruining your relationships? I mustve missed that part.
I’m almost ashamed to say because of everyone’s harsh judgement of me. But once he forced me to kiss him when I was dating someone. I felt so guilty like it was my fault I broke up with the guy. I doubt anyone here understands but sometimes a woman blames herself for being raped and mistreated and I’ve had a habit of that for years. Just stuff like that. He knows how to say the right words so I feel guilty and I do what he wants.

Trust me I’m trying to change that. I know it’s my issue.
You need to dump your therapist and come get lessons from me on how to be a B*tch and stand up for yourself. I really have no respect for mealy mouthed women who just let things happen to them over and over and over and never stand up for themselves. Like how f*ck up were your parents to raise you this way by never teaching you to advocate for yourself?
Red, I was raised by a mentally ill mother (disassociate personality disorder) and both my mom and stepdad were sexual predators towards children (me, my siblings, and our friends). When I stopped letting them farm me out for sexual abuse, they started beating me. I recall exactly one time I got a hug as a child from my mom. We were neglected and ignored when we weren’t being sexually abused or beaten. We were taught that we didn’t matter, we were there to be used, and otherwise beaten for standing up for ourselves.

I’m positive I fell into this due to my childhood and am trying to move mountains to change my attitude. I fell in line with my husband because I was used to it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:21 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:03 pm

I’m almost ashamed to say because of everyone’s harsh judgement of me. But once he forced me to kiss him when I was dating someone. I felt so guilty like it was my fault I broke up with the guy. I doubt anyone here understands but sometimes a woman blames herself for being raped and mistreated and I’ve had a habit of that for years. Just stuff like that. He knows how to say the right words so I feel guilty and I do what he wants.

Trust me I’m trying to change that. I know it’s my issue.
You need to dump your therapist and come get lessons from me on how to be a B*tch and stand up for yourself. I really have no respect for mealy mouthed women who just let things happen to them over and over and over and never stand up for themselves. Like how f*ck up were your parents to raise you this way by never teaching you to advocate for yourself?
Red, I was raised by a mentally ill mother (disassociate personality disorder) and both my mom and stepdad were sexual predators towards children (me, my siblings, and our friends). When I stopped letting them farm me out for sexual abuse, they started beating me. I recall exactly one time I got a hug as a child from my mom. We were neglected and ignored when we weren’t being sexually abused or beaten. We were taught that we didn’t matter, we were there to be used, and otherwise beaten for standing up for ourselves.

I’m positive I fell into this due to my childhood and am trying to move mountains to change my attitude. I fell in line with my husband because I was used to it.
that makes all the sense. You really should not be in any relationships till you are 100% "fixed" in therapy and you are not there yet. No dating. ALL the therapy. Concentrate on your children. Stay away from your ex 100%. If you show up to a kid's event and he is there-leave. Every time. Only use family wizard app to communicate with him. Tell the kids not to tell Dad about you and punish them if they do. They should not be feeding Dad information.

Bring a friend with you for all drop offs or pick ups or have them conducted at a police station.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:27 am

that makes all the sense. You really should not be in any relationships till you are 100% "fixed" in therapy and you are not there yet. No dating. ALL the therapy. Concentrate on your children. Stay away from your ex 100%. If you show up to a kid's event and he is there-leave. Every time. Only use family wizard app to communicate with him. Tell the kids not to tell Dad about you and punish them if they do. They should not be feeding Dad information.

Bring a friend with you for all drop offs or pick ups or have them conducted at a police station.
You are right. But I’ve been doing this for 7 years leaving nice guys. I’m not letting this one go. He’s kind to me. He has a history of being kind and loving. I’m tired of my past ruining my future.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

I doubt you’re an actual empath(a person with the paranormal ability to apprehend the mental or emotional state of another individual) you can be empathic and not be an empath. I’m good at reading people and feel for other people. I can also watch the beginning of a move and usually figure out how it will end. That doesn’t mean I’m psychic I just know how to read situations and come up with probable ending.
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

How old are your kids?
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:39 am

You are right. But I’ve been doing this for 7 years leaving nice guys. I’m not letting this one go. He’s kind to me. He has a history of being kind and loving. I’m tired of my past ruining my future.
if you don't get yourself straightened out this guy will leave YOU-- you should cool it on the dating until you have some of your issues resolved.
RedBottoms

Unread post

No honey. You are not ready for a relationship till YOU are fixed and you are obviously not there yet
Bubbs
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I understand and I don’t have all or any answers. But I didn’t work on myself like I should have between relationships and ended up in such a mess. That my lesson is that I’m going to be alone and work on me before I date anyone again. And if that takes 1 year or 10. I’m out of the dating world until I fix most of what my issues are and I’m sure my picker isn’t broken
Honey, I'm the original one-eyed chicklet in the kingdom of the blind, 'cause at least I admit the world makes me nuts.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Password protect your phone. And change the settings so that TEXTS don't just "show up" on your phone when it's on.
Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:31 am
scemily526 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:29 am and stop telling your kids you're 'dating'
I didn’t tell my kids that I was dating. They saw a text message on my phone and they asked who it was. I said a friend. They told their dad who figured it out.
Locked Previous topicNext topic