My ex tries to ruin things when I date.

MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:38 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 am I told you 1000x on here already to stop involving him in your life AT ALL. No call, notes, responding back etc. But you won't listen. I'm out of advice.
I didn’t involve him. We have 3 kids together. I can’t change that. If you’ve never had to deal with this type of situation then your lucky. I try my best not to engage with him. Like when we had sports practice for the kids. I take them but he shows up. He tries to talk to me. I sit far away from him and I avoid him. I admit I have issues. I do my best.

Please have compassion. If not for me just have compsssion in your life.
I am divorced. (13 years divorced from ex, 2 boys) I made it clear from minute 1 he is no longer a part of my life. I shared nothing. I made myself unavailable for him to harass me, charm me, whatever. I truly wanted nothing to do with him. You are giving him a vibe that you will put up with his shit and entertain him. No more calls. Email only. He shows up somewhere go sit in your car with a book. He will get the hint if you are firm. It's hard to have compassion when you keep doing the same things over and over and wonder why he is still bothering you.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

what is he actually doing thats ruining your relationships? I mustve missed that part.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:20 am I told you 1000x on here already to stop involving him in your life AT ALL. No call, notes, responding back etc. But you won't listen. I'm out of advice.
I didn’t involve him. We have 3 kids together. I can’t change that. If you’ve never had to deal with this type of situation then your lucky. I try my best not to engage with him. Like when we had sports practice for the kids. I take them but he shows up. He tries to talk to me. I sit far away from him and I avoid him. I admit I have issues. I do my best.

I am divorced. (13 years divorced from ex, 2 boys) I made it clear from minute 1 he is no longer a part of my life. I shared nothing. I made myself unavailable for him to harass me, charm me, whatever. I truly wanted nothing to do with him. You are giving him a vibe that you will put up with his sh*t and entertain him. No more calls. Email only. He shows up somewhere go sit in your car with a book. He will get the hint if you are firm. It's hard to have compassion when you keep doing the same things over and over and wonder why he is still bothering you.
kinda like the definition of insanity -- doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result every time
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

scemily526 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:33 am
MrsDavidB wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:17 am

I am divorced. (13 years divorced from ex, 2 boys) I made it clear from minute 1 he is no longer a part of my life. I shared nothing. I made myself unavailable for him to harass me, charm me, whatever. I truly wanted nothing to do with him. You are giving him a vibe that you will put up with his sh*t and entertain him. No more calls. Email only. He shows up somewhere go sit in your car with a book. He will get the hint if you are firm. It's hard to have compassion when you keep doing the same things over and over and wonder why he is still bothering you.
kinda like the definition of insanity -- doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result every time
Right. I feel bad for this lady because she is nice and a good person but she just won't grasp the situation and change it. Her posts are maddening.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Smarties wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:12 am
Anonymous 2 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:12 am "I am an empath"
Is this a self diagnosis?

"Empath" seems to be the trendy new thing where I am. And also doesnt seem to be an accurate description of anyone who's claimed the label that I know.
I did a thesis on this subject one year.
It's usually said by someone who needs to feel special or different in some way.
It often accompanies one or more mental illnesses.
Less than 2 percent of the population would meet the criteria of being an empath.
The chances of her and her sister both being empaths, is undoubtedly astronomical.
People often confuse being empathetic or highly sensitive with being an empath.
They are not at all the same thing.
Also, I wish she what answer what type of therapist dx'd her as an empath.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Tell him to f**k off and to limit conversations to co-parenting, period. Tell him that you will be deleting all emails from him and that only conversations pertaining to the kids will be allowed. Then stick to your guns.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 am

"Empath" seems to be the trendy new thing where I am. And also doesnt seem to be an accurate description of anyone who's claimed the label that I know.
It's usually said by someone who needs to feel special or different in some way.
Less than 2 percent of the population would meet the criteria of being an empath.
The chances of her and her sister both being empaths, is undoubtedly astronomical.
Maybe she's an empath damned if I know. But more likely her ex knows she's sensitive and is taking advantage of that. Some men know what you want to hear and play on that. Even if she is one she's in no responsible for how he feels. That's HIS problem and HIS cross to bear. I have an ex that tried all this and I had to tell him straight out look we can be friendly but I'm sorry I won't talk to you about what is past and if you continue I'm going to walk away. This is better for me and better for you. She needs to say I see this is hurting you and me so I'm ending this conversation. And walk away. Put on headphones. Go talk to anyone else at all even if it's to ask the time of day. Bring a friend to events who can support her. Whatever it takes.
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Empath OR not, you have 100% control over your thoughts, emotions and what you choose to give your energy too.
If you do not and you cant shift energy that is what you need to be working on. Find the lesson in his madness. Eventually, they turn their sights on to someone else. The issue you should concern yourself with is that your children are witnessing his actions and they will absorb some of those tendencies.
Smarties
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 4 wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:40 am

That's really interesting and I can see how it would be true. Thanks for sharing.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

You should probably use that app they have for immature parents that can't put their kid's before themselves. I think it's called family wizard or something similar.
Locked Previous topicNext topic