Yummy Yum Yum

ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't know why people hate them so much...

We're lucky to have them around.

They eat ticks and lower the prevalence of Lyme disease, cockroaches, mosquito eggs, fleas, they keep rat and mouse populations down and so help stop the spread of diseases...They kill poisonous snakes...

They're pretty awesome actually.
ReadingRainbow
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:26 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:20 pm
SolidlyAverage wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:19 pm

Chickens are 100% immune to rabies and also eat ticks. Plus they give me breakfast. I’ll take those over opossums, who can carry and transmit tularemia, toxoplasmosis, leptospirosis, tuberculosis, spotted fever, etc.

All that plus chickens don't have razor sharp teeth to hurt pets and people with.
They do too... After I had to put my pet rabbit down because a chicken pecked out her eyes I've hated chickens...
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I think they are adorable in their own right especially when they are walking with their babies. Marsupials are cool. No to eating meat. LOL, you don't really eat opossums do you?
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lotus wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:32 pm I think they are adorable in their own right especially when they are walking with their babies. Marsupials are cool. No to eating meat. LOL, you don't really eat opossums do you?
No mam but true Country boys do. That's what I told my son anyway. 😆

We were jamming out to his favorite song.

hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don’t have any critters in my yard. My dog keeps them all away. Heck I don’t even have squirrels or birds and we have a garden. We get one squirrel every year. Wenjoke that it’s a new squirrel and the other ones that know about the dog tell it to go into our yard to check it out. After that first time we never see any again. My dog will jump and catch birds when fly away.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 am
Lotus wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:32 pm I think they are adorable in their own right especially when they are walking with their babies. Marsupials are cool. No to eating meat. LOL, you don't really eat opossums do you?

I've lived in Arkansas most of my life. Possum eating seems to be an urban legend.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 am I don’t have any critters in my yard. My dog keeps them all away. Heck I don’t even have squirrels or birds and we have a garden. We get one squirrel every year. Wenjoke that it’s a new squirrel and the other ones that know about the dog tell it to go into our yard to check it out. After that first time we never see any again. My dog will jump and catch birds when fly away.
My dogs attempt to catch the squirrels but aren't successful, I swear they they tease them lol. It's great for exercise!
hockeymom87
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm
hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 am I don’t have any critters in my yard. My dog keeps them all away. Heck I don’t even have squirrels or birds and we have a garden. We get one squirrel every year. Wenjoke that it’s a new squirrel and the other ones that know about the dog tell it to go into our yard to check it out. After that first time we never see any again. My dog will jump and catch birds when fly away.
My dogs attempt to catch the squirrels but aren't successful, I swear they they tease them lol. It's great for exercise!
When we go to my in laws we bring the dog since they have a farm and we dont want to board him. They have all sorts of critters. She has a big pan for bird seed but raccoons eat from it and it’s by her garden. She’s surprised that her garden doesn’t do well and animals eat it. I just stare at her. But my dog hates the raccoons. We try to not let him out if they’re in the yard since they’re mean as can be.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

hockeymom87 wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:37 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:34 pm
When we go to my in laws we bring the dog since they have a farm and we dont want to board him. They have all sorts of critters. She has a big pan for bird seed but raccoons eat from it and it’s by her garden. She’s surprised that her garden doesn’t do well and animals eat it. I just stare at her. But my dog hates the raccoons. We try to not let him out if they’re in the yard since they’re mean as can be.
And carry rabies! My dogs have killed several in their dog yard, it has been quite awhile now though. They catch the opossums but then they play dead and sneak off.
We had a raccoon that would come into the garage and shit everywhere! What a mess!
Lotus
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:33 am

LOL! My partner of 13 years is a country boy/former farmer they had yearly squire roasts. I couldn't believe it. They just topped hosting them a few years ago. So I don't doubt it. I just couldn't imagine YOU eating one. lol.
I had that album. lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic