No sis, I am not changing my plans for you

Verrine
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:29 pmThe niece getting married is our eldest sister's daughter. We are a huge family. I have four sister and 2 brothers. There are two wedding this year.
No, I wouldn't do it. You could offer to drive her home if she flies down by herself. She could even stay with you since you'd have the week beforehand with your husband. Those actions do not increase your cost although they are inconvenient. Make it clear that she would have to pay for her own meals.

I'm stuck on the fact that you come from a family with 7 kids and then your sister also chose to have 7. How many kids do you have and what about your other siblings?
RedBottoms

Unread post

I would not change my plans for her either. She should have saved up for this wedding if she really wanted to go. You owe her nothing. If she is mad about it-so be it.
RedBottoms

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:28 pm
CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm I'd help her pay for the expenses of the trip. You have a large family. There shouldn't be a problem for all of you to chip in and cover the costs.
It doesn't work that way. I have been left of out things because we couldn't afford it. We were in college and broke. She has time to save for it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
I would never pay for ANYTHING For a sibling. Now if the parents want to help pay for them to go-that is one thing. But in our family money only flows down. You can ask a parent or grandparent for money but you never ask a child or sibling or cousin someone lower than you or on the same level as you for money. Its not done in our family.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Verrine wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:16 am
CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:29 pmThe niece getting married is our eldest sister's daughter. We are a huge family. I have four sister and 2 brothers. There are two wedding this year.
No, I wouldn't do it. You could offer to drive her home if she flies down by herself. She could even stay with you since you'd have the week beforehand with your husband. Those actions do not increase your cost although they are inconvenient. Make it clear that she would have to pay for her own meals.

I'm stuck on the fact that you come from a family with 7 kids and then your sister also chose to have 7. How many kids do you have and what about your other siblings?
I have four, my brothers have two and five(he had to keep trying for his boy), my other sisters has four and three and one has no kids.
My dad is one of ten and mom comes from five. They wanted a dozen. The doctor and dad said no after me.

We are flying down. We are not driving. So she couldn't drive back with us.
Locked Previous topicNext topic