No sis, I am not changing my plans for you

CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:28 pm
CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:15 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm I'd help her pay for the expenses of the trip. You have a large family. There shouldn't be a problem for all of you to chip in and cover the costs.
It doesn't work that way. I have been left of out things because we couldn't afford it. We were in college and broke. She has time to save for it.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this.
It doesn't work that way in our family. Most don't have enough to help her out. The ones that do have already helped a lot. She won't be asking them to help her.
CherryTreez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CotterpinDoozer wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:19 pm I can't imagine having the balls to ask someone to change their plans to drive me 16 hours away, stay with me, then have me drive 16 hours back. Did she offer to put any money towards this or did she just expect to mooch off you?
no money at all. She says her car breaks down on all road trips. That is why I need to drive.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Your sister sounds like an entitled brat.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:21 pm
CotterpinDoozer wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:19 pm I can't imagine having the balls to ask someone to change their plans to drive me 16 hours away, stay with me, then have me drive 16 hours back. Did she offer to put any money towards this or did she just expect to mooch off you?
no money at all. She says her car breaks down on all road trips. That is why I need to drive.
I'm with forget it. I've done 12 hours in a day once. 16 hours no way not unless we're getting a motor home. It's just not happening. And not with someone that won't at least help me with gas. I've been broke and done cheap ass staycations because I had to. It isn't great but it's what it is.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:26 pm I'd help her pay for the expenses of the trip. You have a large family. There shouldn't be a problem for all of you to chip in and cover the costs.
Why is this woman entitled to a free vacation???
Deleted User 638

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:01 pm

She wants to see her niece get married and to spend time with family. I don't see that as frivolous.
QuantumNursing
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:14 pm

She wants to see her niece get married and to spend time with family. I don't see that as frivolous.
Any trip you can't afford is frivolous. The wedding is in April and she has plenty of time to save or get her car fixed. Its not up to her family toprovide vacations for her
Deleted User 638

Unread post

QuantumNursing wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:28 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:14 pm

Any trip you can't afford is frivolous. The wedding is in April and she has plenty of time to save or get her car fixed. Its not up to her family toprovide vacations for her

We obviously have different opinions about this. Nothing wrong with that.
agander2017
Monkey's Mama
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wouldn't do it either. That's just crazy that she would even ask that of you.

CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

CherryTreez wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 4:21 pm
Yeah, that's a big no from me too. She basically is saying she wants you to foot the bill for her to go.
Locked Previous topicNext topic