20190103_182050.jpg
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I hate those things.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Yuck...there is nothing good about that critter, but I'm biased after having one lunge at me when I walked out of my back door one day. My dog hates them too..she tries to kill every one that comes into the yard after seeing it try to attack me.
Claire
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
Deleted User 638

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm Yuck...there is nothing good about that critter, but I'm biased after having one lunge at me when I walked out of my back door one day. My dog hates them too..she tries to kill every one that comes into the yard after seeing it try to attack me.

They're mean little bastards. A friend of mine had a huge vet bill after one of them attacked her small dog.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:48 pm Yuck...there is nothing good about that critter, but I'm biased after having one lunge at me when I walked out of my back door one day. My dog hates them too..she tries to kill every one that comes into the yard after seeing it try to attack me.
This one was about 12 feet away from me. I told my son that he should kill and eat since his favorite song is...

And ALL Country boys eat opossum.
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

All I did was walk out onto the patio with the dog and this sucker came out of nowhere and almost got me. My dog jumped in front of me at the last second and went after it. She was not about to let something get her mommy. It was huge too..the biggest one I'd ever seen. It was hissing as it was lunging at me. The dog kept after it and finally got it to run out of the yard. You'd think they would stay out of the yard with my dog chasing them all the time, but nope..the morons just keep coming back.

AnnieArk wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:55 pm

They're mean little bastards. A friend of mine had a huge vet bill after one of them attacked her small dog.
Claire
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:45 pm I hate those things.
I have seen one harass a mother until she relinquished one of her babies and then he ate it (I am assuming genders here)
mcginnisc
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I don't know any country boys/ rednecks that would eat that nastiness. LOL
Victoriousmom wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:59 pm
This one was about 12 feet away from me. I told my son that he should kill and eat since his favorite song is...

And ALL Country boys eat opossum.
Claire
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:00 pm All I did was walk out onto the patio with the dog and this sucker came out of nowhere and almost got me. My dog jumped in front of me at the last second and went after it. She was not about to let something get her mommy. It was huge too..the biggest one I'd ever seen. It was hissing as it was lunging at me. The dog kept after it and finally got it to run out of the yard. You'd think they would stay out of the yard with my dog chasing them all the time, but nope..the morons just keep coming back.

This one seemed tame, it's a frequent flyer for sure.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

mcginnisc wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:00 pm All I did was walk out onto the patio with the dog and this sucker came out of nowhere and almost got me. My dog jumped in front of me at the last second and went after it. She was not about to let something get her mommy. It was huge too..the biggest one I'd ever seen. It was hissing as it was lunging at me. The dog kept after it and finally got it to run out of the yard. You'd think they would stay out of the yard with my dog chasing them all the time, but nope..the morons just keep coming back.

It's scary to think they're so close to us without us realizing it. I'm glad you and your dog are okay. My friend's dog was injured in almost the same scenario you described except it happened in the backyard garden shed.
Locked Previous topicNext topic