Update my ex tries to ruin things when I date

Anonymous 1

Unread post

So took your advice...

My ex again sent me a stupid sappy long email. I did reply.

I told him that it wasn’t acceptable to do that anymore. He could stop or I’d block him. I told him to keep communication about the kids only.

On a side note...I told my new boyfriend about some of the abuse I suffered with my ex. It was hard. I cried. But he was sweet and caring about it. I told him what my ex was doing with the emails. I’d rather be upfront about it. I just need someone on my side too.

I’m just done with these games.
scemily526
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Don't expect your ex to listen to you or abide by your wishes - be prepared mentally
RedBottoms

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 am So took your advice...

I told him that it wasn’t acceptable to do that anymore. He could stop or I’d block him. I told him to keep communication about the kids only.

On a side note...I told my new boyfriend about some of the abuse I suffered with my ex. It was hard. I cried. But he was sweet and caring about it. I told him what my ex was doing with the emails. I’d rather be upfront about it. I just need someone on my side too.

that should be the LAST reply you ever give him. You can even use an intermediary to discuss the kids. Have a mutual friend or family member pass on all info about the kids. You don't even have to speak to him about them. Or use those apps that act as an intermediary.

I am giving you a homework assignment. Watch some of these movies and you need to channel and practice being more like these characters-the biggest balliest bitch that ever walked. Stop giving fucks. Know you are worth it and act like it.

The Devil Wears Prada -Miranda Priestly-channel her aloofness
Fried Green Tomatoes-see how the main character goes from Mealy Mouthed to bad ass. TAWANDA!
Gone with the Wind-Scarlett O'Hara- see how amazing and badass she is compared to mealy mouthed Melanie Wilkes-Don't be a Melanie-be a Scarlett
Steel Magnolias-Wheezer-don't take shit off anyone and not afraid to yell at men
Anonymous 2

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:28 am So took your advice...

that should be the LAST reply you ever give him. You can even use an intermediary to discuss the kids. Have a mutual friend or family member pass on all info about the kids. You don't even have to speak to him about them. Or use those apps that act as an intermediary.

I am giving you a homework assignment. Watch some of these movies and you need to channel and practice being more like these characters-the biggest balliest B*tch that ever walked. Stop giving f*ck. Know you are worth it and act like it.

The Devil Wears Prada -Miranda Priestly-channel her aloofness
Fried Green Tomatoes-see how the main character goes from Mealy Mouthed to bad ass. TAWANDA!
Gone with the Wind-Scarlett O'Hara- see how amazing and badass she is compared to mealy mouthed Melanie Wilkes-Don't be a Melanie-be a Scarlett
Steel Magnolias-Wheezer-don't take sh*t off anyone and not afraid to yell at men
Thank you.
Anonymom*23/6/364
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Good.
In future communications, only respond to things concerning the children and ignore everything else.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

I hope you stick to your guns. May I ask how old your kids are?
Deleted User 670

Unread post

Good for you! Have you considered some kind of self-defense class like Tai Kwan Do to help build up your self-esteem? Nothing like knowing how to kick ass to give you confidence!
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No matter which form of communication he elects to use, the next time he sends you a text, email, or voice mail, give absolutely NO ATTENTION to anything that is not regarding the kids. DISREGARD THAT STUFF COMPLETELY. Act like you didn't even hear what he said! If the ENTIRE communication is regarding you & him, don't respond to it at ALL.
Locked Previous topicNext topic