Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:01 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:35 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:26 pm

Then I think we can agree that this issue is because of structural barriers that society has created. Society is full of these barriers, some not even from hatred, but just from old short-sighted conventions which turn out to be wrong. This is how a lot of institutional prejudice operates. Since much of it is literally built into the walls around us, it takes awhile to correct.

In the meantime we have to honor peoples rights to participate in such spaces as we have. And, especially in the absence of harm, it would help if we could avoid invoking lurid, but unlikely, imagery. Traditional locker rooms are just uncomfortable for everyone and that's something people who use them have to live with until they get better.
You may believe that these are short sighted conventions that turn out to be wrong.

Other believe there are completely real differences between the male and female body and they are not comfortable being naked around each other.
That is not what I am saying. The short-sightedness was on the part of architects and builders who did not realize that the conventional two choices were not sufficient to accommodate every circumstance without discomfort. Future designers will be smarter and make areas that are more private, so no one ever has to feel uncomfortable.

We can beat this problem with better institutional design. In the meantime, we should understand that everyone in a public locker room is uncomfortable and try to be extra considerate of each other and we'll get through it without harm.
Then I think that would be the best possible answer… privacy for all when changing.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:26 pm

Then I think we can agree that this issue is because of structural barriers that society has created. Society is full of these barriers, some not even from hatred, but just from old short-sighted conventions which turn out to be wrong. This is how a lot of institutional prejudice operates. Since much of it is literally built into the walls around us, it takes awhile to correct.

In the meantime we have to honor peoples rights to participate in such spaces as we have. And, especially in the absence of harm, it would help if we could avoid invoking lurid, but unlikely, imagery. Traditional locker rooms are just uncomfortable for everyone and that's something people who use them have to live with until they get better.
You may believe that these are short sighted conventions that turn out to be wrong.

Other believe there are completely real differences between the male and female body and they are not comfortable being naked around each other.
"But conservative opponents of the ERA, led by Phyllis Schlafly, successfully convinced the public that the amendment would lead to horrifying unintended consequences. Some of those feared consequences, like legal same-S*x marriage, have already come to pass without the ERA's help and without society falling apart. But Schlafly also argued, dubiously, that the ERA would mandate unisex bathrooms because it would somehow erase all differences between men and women in the eyes of the law. It was a very successful argument. Anti-ERA campaigns ran with the idea that rapists and pedophiles would be free to lurk in women's restrooms, and that women would lose their right to privacy in this very intimate sphere.

"Such a fear energized conservative women against the amendment, but it also rallied their husbands to protect their wives and daughters from the dangers of S*x-integrated bathrooms," writes Neil J. Young at Slate. "If women could not retreat to the privacy of their own restrooms, where could they be safe from the dangers of the world outside their homes?"

https://www.vox.com/2015/12/30/10690802 ... ghts-lgbtq

It’s simply incorrect to say there has never been a problem in bathrooms before… it’s bizarre that you are all trying to group a demographic together as all having the same thoughts patterns… they don’t. Trans women are just as different and unique as women in general… that’s like an argument that we think the same because we’re both women. That would be untrue, wouldn’t it?

It’s gaslighting to call people names if they are uncomfortable with this…

The TRUTH is that sometimes assaults are taking place in gender specific spaces. That TRUTH might not fit the narrative you want to be real, but it is regardless…

The TRUTH is that there are times women feel uncomfortable and unsafe, and the TRUTH is that their feelings are considered unimportant compared to the men whose feelings will be prioritized in the situation…

https://le.utah.gov/interim/2024/pdf/00000577.pdf
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

https://torontosun.com/news/national/st ... a5524/amp/

Among the findings:

— Of the 99 inmate sample group, 44% of the trans women convicts are S*x offenders.

— 82% of gender-diverse offenders were trans-women with an average age of 42 years old and almost half were serving “indeterminate” sentences.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW
— Two-thirds (66%) had low reintegration potential. About 64% of these offenders had committed a “current sexual offence,” while 88% had previously been convicted for sexual offences. About 94% committed their crimes while living as their biological S*x

Does this mean transgender MTF are more dangerous than any other man? No, of course not… the amount of fantastic people who are MTF are definitely in the majority… just like the amount of good men to rapists- good men are definitely the majority.

Does this mean women have nothing to worry about? No. It means they should have the exact same amount of worry that comes with any other man… are they a threat? No probably not. Could they be a threat? Yes, of course.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:12 am
Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:46 pm

"But conservative opponents of the ERA, led by Phyllis Schlafly, successfully convinced the public that the amendment would lead to horrifying unintended consequences. Some of those feared consequences, like legal same-S*x marriage, have already come to pass without the ERA's help and without society falling apart. But Schlafly also argued, dubiously, that the ERA would mandate unisex bathrooms because it would somehow erase all differences between men and women in the eyes of the law. It was a very successful argument. Anti-ERA campaigns ran with the idea that rapists and pedophiles would be free to lurk in women's restrooms, and that women would lose their right to privacy in this very intimate sphere.

"Such a fear energized conservative women against the amendment, but it also rallied their husbands to protect their wives and daughters from the dangers of S*x-integrated bathrooms," writes Neil J. Young at Slate. "If women could not retreat to the privacy of their own restrooms, where could they be safe from the dangers of the world outside their homes?"

https://www.vox.com/2015/12/30/10690802 ... ghts-lgbtq

It’s simply incorrect to say there has never been a problem in bathrooms before… it’s bizarre that you are all trying to group a demographic together as all having the same thoughts patterns… they don’t. Trans women are just as different and unique as women in general… that’s like an argument that we think the same because we’re both women. That would be untrue, wouldn’t it?

It’s gaslighting to call people names if they are uncomfortable with this…

The TRUTH is that sometimes assaults are taking place in gender specific spaces. That TRUTH might not fit the narrative you want to be real, but it is regardless…

The TRUTH is that there are times women feel uncomfortable and unsafe, and the TRUTH is that their feelings are considered unimportant compared to the men whose feelings will be prioritized in the situation…

https://le.utah.gov/interim/2024/pdf/00000577.pdf
Where did I call you names?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think that women rightfully have a fear of men. Transgender women rightfully have a fear of men. The instances of rape, assault, and murder of transgender women is statistically higher than those of their cis-gender counterparts.

Some women see a shared fear with transgender women and welcome then into their spaces. My daughter likes to say, "I got you girl". Other women are okay with sharing their space if the transgender women no longer has a penis and even others are not okay if someone was born with a penis. All of those concerns are valid even if I don't understand some of them. Businesses are responding appropriately by allowing transgender women in previously cis-gender women only spaces but also by gender neutral individual units for potty and shower. Planet Fitness has them, our local gym has one, all of our businesses with a bathroom has it.

I find people like Silva an embarrassment, calculating, and dangerous. She didn't just post the picture online of the woman shaving, along with her video taped monologue, she tagged Libs of Tik Toc and now has been on Charlie Kirk's and Alex Jones' shows and the story has been picked up by the most vocal transgender haters on social media. The MAGA crowd is now boycotting Planet Fitness (which is their right) but has also shared this picture with posters mis-gendering her and labeling her a pedophile, pervert, and predator and MEN wishing her arrest, rape, assault, and murder. The woman shaving was not in the wrong as she was following PF's rules. Silva was in the obvious wrong as she violated PF's privacy rules (and perhaps even the law). Yet Silva is being hailed as a hero and the woman shaving as a pervert. What the f**k is wrong with people?

The reality is that if you have been to a gym, you most likely have shared a locker room with someone who is transgender. If you kids attend public school, they have most likely shared a bathroom or locker room with someone who is transgender. If the residents of my small rural southern conservative town can get this (they do) then MAGA at large can get this.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:37 am I think that women rightfully have a fear of men. Transgender women rightfully have a fear of men. The instances of rape, assault, and murder of transgender women is statistically higher than those of their cis-gender counterparts.

Some women see a shared fear with transgender women and welcome then into their spaces. My daughter likes to say, "I got you girl". Other women are okay with sharing their space if the transgender women no longer has a penis and even others are not okay if someone was born with a penis. All of those concerns are valid even if I don't understand some of them. Businesses are responding appropriately by allowing transgender women in previously cis-gender women only spaces but also by gender neutral individual units for potty and shower. Planet Fitness has them, our local gym has one, all of our businesses with a bathroom has it.

I find people like Silva an embarrassment, calculating, and dangerous. She didn't just post the picture online of the woman shaving, along with her video taped monologue, she tagged Libs of Tik Toc and now has been on Charlie Kirk's and Alex Jones' shows and the story has been picked up by the most vocal transgender haters on social media. The MAGA crowd is now boycotting Planet Fitness (which is their right) but has also shared this picture with posters mis-gendering her and labeling her a pedophile, pervert, and predator and MEN wishing her arrest, rape, assault, and murder. The woman shaving was not in the wrong as she was following PF's rules. Silva was in the obvious wrong as she violated PF's privacy rules (and perhaps even the law). Yet Silva is being hailed as a hero and the woman shaving as a pervert. What the f**k is wrong with people?

The reality is that if you have been to a gym, you most likely have shared a locker room with someone who is transgender. If you kids attend public school, they have most likely shared a bathroom or locker room with someone who is transgender. If the residents of my small rural southern conservative town can get this (they do) then MAGA at large can get this.
The Phyllis Schlafly effect.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:45 am
WellPreserved wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:37 am I think that women rightfully have a fear of men. Transgender women rightfully have a fear of men. The instances of rape, assault, and murder of transgender women is statistically higher than those of their cis-gender counterparts.

The Phyllis Schlafly effect.
And if we ignore all the times that assaults and rapes have happened, you would be right…

But we would have to ignore reality.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

How weird… now women wanting a space to change clothes without men present is a MAGA thing… could accusations like that be the reason Trump is still polling so well? Could the reason be that people who were vehemently against trump keep getting lumped in with his supporters every time they don’t agree with a social change that they just go… ok screw it, I guess I’m in that crowd now…

Among the findings:

— Of the 99 inmate sample group, 44% of the trans women convicts are S*x offenders.

— 82% of gender-diverse offenders were trans-women with an average age of 42 years old and almost half were serving “indeterminate” sentences.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW
— Two-thirds (66%) had low reintegration potential. About 64% of these offenders had committed a “current sexual offence,” while 88% had previously been convicted for sexual offences. About 94% committed their crimes while living as their biological S*x

Does this mean transgender MTF are more dangerous than any other man? No, of course not… the amount of fantastic people who are MTF are definitely in the majority… just like the amount of good men to rapists- good men are definitely the majority.

Does this mean women have nothing to worry about? No. It means they should have the exact same amount of worry that comes with any other man… are they a threat? No probably not. Could they be a threat? Yes, of course.
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am

How weird… now women wanting a space to change clothes without men present is a MAGA thing… could accusations like that be the reason Trump is still polling so well? Could the reason be that people who were vehemently against trump keep getting lumped in with his supporters every time they don’t agree with a social change that they just go… ok screw it, I guess I’m in that crowd now…

Among the findings:

STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Link is not working.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:18 am
Slimshandy wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 10:14 am

Among the findings:

STORY CONTINUES BELOW

Link is not working.
Weird. It’s working for me.

( the pictures uploaded backwards, so the bottom picture is first, and the first picture is last.)

89EDF767-5B7E-4FED-B06C-AB92CCF90357.png
E6802899-3556-499C-84EC-67E115D278C8.png
5F490D69-CA6E-4E8E-8278-03D970D6AFDD.png

The study added: “Over 80% of gender-diverse offenders with sexual offence histories were trans-women. Sexual offending indicators showed that the majority of these offences were committed while living as their biological S*x, and that the highest proportion of victims were children or female.”

In addition, the majority of the “sub-group caused death or serious harm to their victim(s).”
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic