Planet Fitness revokes a woman's membership after she takes photos in the women's locker room of a transgender shaving

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:53 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:07 pm

People can be uncomfortable, I respect that, I just don't think it happens to nearly the extent you are making it sound and certainly not to the point where we need to further ostracize and discriminate against trans people. Most people, trans people included and probably specifically, will be cognizant of a little girl in a locker room and behave accordingly.

Trangenderism is part of the human condition and I think we are better off explaining to kids that men and women come in all shapes and sizes and with all sorts of equipment than shamefully trying to hide them. Kids are better than we are at accepting differences if we let them.
So what’s your opinion on the female swimmers who swam against Lia Thomas and many of them said how uncomfortable they were because they were just standing there naked in front of them… but we’re told it was wrong and anti-trans to feel uncomfortable?

Should they just shut up and deal with it or quit competitively swimming?
It's discomfort versus discrimination (and always interesting as to WHOSE discomfort we prioritize). I think it's worse to be discriminatory. The more it's accepted as natural, the less discomfort there will be.
It’s extremely interesting whose discomfort we prioritize, isn’t it?

Women’s spaces can’t be for women anymore, women’s sports can’t be for women anymore, and women will always just be expected to “make space” for the wants of men no matter how uncomfortable that is or they are vilified….

It’s blatantly apparent who’s comfort we are prioritizing.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:09 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:32 pm With the policies being be as modest as possible and also expect very temporary nudity, a 12 year old actually seeing a dick is odds-defying lol.
What I want to know is, what are the terrible consequences of seeing a dick that are so psychologically damaging (for girls, not boys) that it must be prevented at all costs, even at the cost of discriminating against trans people?
I don’t associate this with transwomen but I do not want to be around a stranger’s naked penis and would find that traumatizing. And I’m not being a smart ass, I can’t do it.
Honestly, I don't like it either but I think it's on me to avoid it, not expect everybody to cater to my comfort levels. PF sounds like they are doing their best by urging modesty in common areas while warning of potential nudity, but if it bothers me that bad I will avoid places where I could be exposed.
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:12 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:15 pm

So what’s your opinion on the female swimmers who swam against Lia Thomas and many of them said how uncomfortable they were because they were just standing there naked in front of them… but we’re told it was wrong and anti-trans to feel uncomfortable?

Should they just shut up and deal with it or quit competitively swimming?
It's discomfort versus discrimination (and always interesting as to WHOSE discomfort we prioritize). I think it's worse to be discriminatory. The more it's accepted as natural, the less discomfort there will be.

Women’s spaces can’t be for women anymore, women’s sports can’t be for women anymore, and women will always just be expected to “make space” for the wants of men no matter how uncomfortable that is or they are vilified….

Trans women are women.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:14 pm

Trans women are women.
Trans women should absolutely be respected and called whatever they want to be called as part of that respect.

But we’re calling them women because they want to be called women… not because we literally believe that they biologically changed into women.
SouthernIslander
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:13 pm
SouthernIslander wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:09 pm
SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:34 pm

What I want to know is, what are the terrible consequences of seeing a dick that are so psychologically damaging (for girls, not boys) that it must be prevented at all costs, even at the cost of discriminating against trans people?
I don’t associate this with transwomen but I do not want to be around a stranger’s naked penis and would find that traumatizing. And I’m not being a smart ass, I can’t do it.
Honestly, I don't like it either but I think it's on me to avoid it, not expect everybody to cater to my comfort levels. PF sounds like they are doing their best by urging modesty in common areas while warning of potential nudity, but if it bothers me that bad I will avoid places where I could be exposed.
My comment was general. Some women have valid reasons why they may find it traumatic, not just talking basic comfort level.

I don’t have a problem with how PF handled this.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Trans women are women.
Trans women should absolutely be respected and called whatever they want to be called as part of that respect.

But we’re calling them women because they want to be called women… not because we literally believe that they biologically changed into women.
DNA and genetics may not change, but if they have had the complete surgery, what then?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:28 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:17 pm

Trans women are women.

DNA and genetics may not change, but if they have had the complete surgery, what then?
Then we won’t have to worry about penises in the womens locker room…
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Unread post

jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:53 pm It's discomfort versus discrimination (and always interesting as to WHOSE discomfort we prioritize). I think it's worse to be discriminatory. The more it's accepted as natural, the less discomfort there will be.

Not comfort; rights.

Yes, it's always uncomfortable when a group which was being oppressed starts exercising their rights in public. When segregation was made illegal, people were so uncomfortable with the thought of different races swimming together that they actually closed the pools rather than allow them to become integrated. It was considered too risky to allow the possibility that black men would see white women in their bathing suits, or get near them in the water. Thousands of public swimming pools around the country were drained and paved over. White people continued to swim in private pools, which could still be segregated; many black people never had the chance to learn to swim.

Of course that seems unbelievably silly and discriminatory now. I think eventually this issue will be regarded in a similar way.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

SallyMae wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:54 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:53 pm It's discomfort versus discrimination (and always interesting as to WHOSE discomfort we prioritize). I think it's worse to be discriminatory. The more it's accepted as natural, the less discomfort there will be.

Not comfort; rights.

Yes, it's always uncomfortable when a group which was being oppressed starts exercising their rights in public. When segregation was made illegal, people were so uncomfortable with the thought of different races swimming together that they actually closed the pools around the country rather than allow them to become integrated. It was considered too risky to allow the possibility that black men would see white women in their bathing suits, or get near them in the water. Thousands of public swimming pools around the country were drained and paved over. White people continued to swim in private pools, which could still be segregated; many black people never had the chance to learn to swim.

Of course that seems unbelievably silly and discriminatory now. I think eventually this issue will be regarded in a similar way.
No… this is sick. Let’s stop bringing up Black people to try and make a point about transgenders. They’re not something to be compared or even discussed as equivalent…

It was disgusting, wrong and vicious that ANYONE EVER tried acting like black people were anything less than white people.

It’s legitimately a scientific fact that the male body and the female body differ.

It should not be a man’s right to be anywhere women hold as a women’s space.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:33 pm
jessilin0113 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:28 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:22 pm Women have to be ok with losing all ability to be naked in locker rooms without having naked men in their too…you can’t get upset. Just accept it…

Sad, but one of the reasons I would never allow my daughters to join a gym. The one at school is perfectly fine…
Nobody was naked and Planet Fitness has private changing rooms. Most gyms do, I think.
In this particular story no one was naked… Naked people are in locker rooms though.

12 year olds are in locker rooms…

We’ve now gotten so “inclusive” that if a 12 year old girl is sitting on the benches in a locker room and a naked grown man walks by with his dick at face height of that child, we tell the child to shut the f**k up and deal with it because the adults in your life are ok with that now…
I doubt any grown adult is walking around shoving their genitals in strangers faces. It wouldn’t be appropriate for a strange woman to walk by a child with their labia in their face either. I teach my kids to mind their own business, we go in, change in the changing rooms, and leave. No ogling at others, so what genitals a woman has is a nonissue.

She can complain all she wants, that’s her right, but you can’t take pictures of strangers in locker rooms, that makes you a creep, not the trans woman minding her own business.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic