Dunkin' Donuts employee fired for pouring water on sleeping homeless man

Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lemons wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:45 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:08 pm I don't get the big deal. It was water, not lava. Obviously the homeless man had been told numerous times before to not sleep in there and he did it anyway. I'm guessing the employee was frustrated and decided he had to do more than just tell the man to leave this time.

Homeless people loitering in businesses can be a real issue for the business. If you aren't a paying customer you have no business being in there.
Yikes. That’s harsh. He could have woke him up and asked him to leave. There’s such a thing as treating fellow humans with dignity. No need to humiliate the man. Too little empathy in this country.
The article implies that the employee has already told the homeless man he can't sleep there many times. I know when I tell my kids not to do something over and over and over again and they still keep doing it, I get cranky and I take it to the next level. Most parents can relate to that. So why would it be any different for an adult? If an employee of a business tells you to stay away multiple times, and you don't, then to a certain extent you deserve what comes next.
lunarprancer
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:55 pm
Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:08 pm I don't get the big deal. It was water, not lava. Obviously the homeless man had been told numerous times before to not sleep in there and he did it anyway. I'm guessing the employee was frustrated and decided he had to do more than just tell the man to leave this time.

Homeless people loitering in businesses can be a real issue for the business. If you aren't a paying customer you have no business being in there.
Yikes. That’s harsh. He could have woke him up and asked him to leave. There’s such a thing as treating fellow humans with dignity. No need to humiliate the man. Too little empathy in this country.

The article implies that the employee has already told the homeless man he can't sleep there many times. I know when I tell my kids not to do something over and over and over again and they still keep doing it, I get cranky and I take it to the next level. Most parents can relate to that. So why would it be any different for an adult? If an employee of a business tells you to stay away multiple times, and you don't, then to a certain extent you deserve what comes next.
You should watch the video.
SeekingPeace
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Then I guess it could stand to reason that "to a certain extent", after dumping water on a complete stranger, "you (may) deserve what comes next."

This whole thing could have gone real wrong real quick.

Unread post

Dunks should have that treehouse guy build him a treehouse and give him a job!
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:13 pm What a heartless individual. I always wonder what breaks in a person's mind that says this is ok.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

While I can admit to feeling frustrated over my kids listen, I cannot remember a time that I ever considered dumping water over their heads for it.
Not only that, this was a grown man with no ties to these employees. Why would someone think it’s okay to do something so humiliating to him? He may have been told a hundred times but why would assault an appropriate reaction ? Wake him up and tell him to leave or call the cops. Don’t batter the poor defenseless individual geez
RedBottoms

Unread post

I can see both sides-I don't think dumping water on him was appropriate but telling him to leave or calling the cops to get him to leave would have been fine. People can't just come in and fall asleep in a restaurant taking up a table. They need to A-purchase something and B-leave when they are done in a reasonable time to make room for other patrons

Unread post

I can't wait for the diversity or sensitivity classes that Dunkin Donuts will now enforce company wide while they close their stores for a day to train their employees better. They need to have involvement from a furious CEO, too. But I doubt it.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mater-three wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:49 am

While I can admit to feeling frustrated over my kids listen, I cannot remember a time that I ever considered dumping water over their heads for it.
Not only that, this was a grown man with no ties to these employees. Why would someone think it’s okay to do something so humiliating to him? He may have been told a hundred times but why would assault an appropriate reaction ? Wake him up and tell him to leave or call the cops. Don’t batter the poor defenseless individual geez
Exactly. On top of that, the guy was charging his phone. It's not like he has $200 to run out and buy another one. That added to the humiliation of the situation to me.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic