They want to earn money

Deleted User 638

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:07 pm
AnnieArk wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:04 pm
Olioxenfree wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:03 pm

She's asking how they could earn money. She said they couldn't work because of their age. I was just pointing out that their age isn't a legal obstacle, in case she didn't know that, and gave alternative options for how they could earn money if there is another reason why she doesn't want them to have jobs.

She knows more about where she lives than we do. She could also have meant that places in her area don't hire 15 year olds even though it's legal. Most places around here won't hire anyone under 16 because of transportation issues.

I've never heard of a work permit. Who issues them in NY?
Which is why I asked her what state she was in and gave other options for if she has other reasons for not wanting them to work. Get off my back, I just was letting her know in case that was the only reason she wasn't having them get a job. If she has other reasons, I don't care, I was just throwing it out there.
As for work permits:
https://labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/l ... phmpg.shtm

No one's on your back. Enjoy your afternoon.
That'swhatshesaid
Regent
Regent

Unread post

AnnieArk wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:36 pm

Whay difference does it make? That's not what she was asking about.
She's asking how they could earn money. She said they couldn't work because of their age. I was just pointing out that their age isn't a legal obstacle, in case she didn't know that, and gave alternative options for how they could earn money if there is another reason why she doesn't want them to have jobs.

She knows more about where she lives than we do. She could also have meant that places in her area don't hire 15 year olds even though it's legal. Most places around here won't hire anyone under 16 because of transportation issues.

Just ignore her. She likes to pretend she knows everything. I don't live in NY but here, you have to go to your local high school to get a work permit.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

MeAF wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:15 pm

Just ignore her. She likes to pretend she knows everything. I don't live in NY but here, you have to go to your local high school to get a work permit.

Thank you for the info.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Guest wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm
Lilysma719 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:15 am Why are you feeling responsible for your nephew getting the money? Isn't that up to his parents?
Because he is living with me. His parents are responsible for his basis neecs like helping with food, his clothes but taking his girlfriend out isn't a basis need. And i am going to treat him just like my son i can't expect him to follow the same rules as my son if i don't do the same for him as i do my son
his parents should be giving him spending money as well

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:24 pm
Guest wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:06 pm
Lilysma719 wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:15 am Why are you feeling responsible for your nephew getting the money? Isn't that up to his parents?
Because he is living with me. His parents are responsible for his basis neecs like helping with food, his clothes but taking his girlfriend out isn't a basis need. And i am going to treat him just like my son i can't expect him to follow the same rules as my son if i don't do the same for him as i do my son
his parents should be giving him spending money as well
They didn't give him spending money when he lived there so i doubt they will now. Around my house you have to earn spending money so they may be the same and he isnt living at home to earn it
Locked Previous topicNext topic