Ivermectin - is this a joke?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Carpy
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:44 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:29 pm

So are you saying hospitals aren't using it to treat covid?
In general, no, however there are a couple hospitals that have been granted special permission to experiment with it as a potential part of a “cocktail” of drugs. It has not been approved by the FDA outside of these few for humans either for oral or intravenous.

Ok, well, yes, they are. I already know 3 people who were treated with it at the hospital and this is a pretty small town, so I'm sure in the rest of Arkansas there are plenty more.

Hospitals are using it to treat people, we know this.
Are the people you know being treated by the county health system? Seems like a one-man experimental treatment program is taking place in Arkansas, without supervision or approval by FDA.

Jail doctor prescribes livestock drug ivermectin to detainees with covid-19 despite FDA warnings

An Arkansas jail and its health-care provider are facing criticisms of “medical experimentation” because the jail’s medical staff has been treating covid-19 patients with ivermectin, a drug commonly used for deworming livestock.

Washington County Justice of the Peace Eva Madison said she heard reports of the practice Tuesday after a county employee visited a Karas Health Care coronavirus testing site at the Washington County Detention Center in Fayetteville and was prescribed ivermectin despite testing negative for the coronavirus.

Karas is one of three health-care providers accessible to employees on the county health-care plan. It operates in the jail as Karas Correctional Health.

“When this employee told me that, I thought, ‘Our sheriff has common sense. He’ll know what’s going on,’ ” Madison told The Washington Post on Wednesday. Madison said she has a good rapport with Washington County Sheriff Tim Helder but was dismayed when he confirmed her suspicions — and defended the practice.

“He didn’t seem to care that this goes against FDA guidance.”

Helder told the Press-Democrat that he has known since July that jail detainees were being treated with ivermectin, and he praised Karas as a health-care partner.

“Whatever a doctor prescribes, that’s out of my bailiwick,” Helder told the paper. “But I will stake their record against any medical provider in any correctional facility in the United States. Doctors prescribe. They’ve been to medical school. I haven’t.”

Like hydroxychloroquine before it, ivermectin is a drug whose off-label use has been touted, particularly in conservative media and nonmedical circles, as a covid-19 treatment.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... Q_gK_EZZF4
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Thelma Harper wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:43 am
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:39 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:28 pm

This type of attitude is the problem. It’s not as simple as that. Dosing a pig, which is relatively the same weight of many humans, with NyQuil is easy and safe. Dosing a human with the ivermectin from the co-op meant for livestock is another thing. Ivermectin is usually in concentrated form and dosages are meant for animals that weigh hundreds of pounds. You don’t dilute that stuff enough, your ass is going to the ER. That is what is happening right now. People are overdosing on this stuff. So stop acting like it’s normal for people to take shit that they keep in the barn/storage building. *****I live on a mini farm with turkeys, chickens, sheep, pigs, and goats!
Uh, lol it is normal, and most people know that the dosages are different for chickens, horses and humans.

But still, it's par for the course to share medications. It happens all day everyday and has been for the last 37 years at least lol.
Have you been using xylazine too, lol?
I haven't been using anything, I'm fully vaccinated.

I'm just not as willing to think everyone else is an idiot except for the ones who make the same choices I made.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

No, It's being used at hospitals to treat covid.

I promise you, all these country bumpkins didn't just pick Ivermectin out of the air as a possible cure.
MonarchMom wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:59 am

In general, no, however there are a couple hospitals that have been granted special permission to experiment with it as a potential part of a “cocktail” of drugs. It has not been approved by the FDA outside of these few for humans either for oral or intravenous.

Ok, well, yes, they are. I already know 3 people who were treated with it at the hospital and this is a pretty small town, so I'm sure in the rest of Arkansas there are plenty more.

Are the people you know being treated by the county health system? Seems like a one-man experimental treatment program is taking place in Arkansas, without supervision or approval by FDA.

Jail doctor prescribes livestock drug ivermectin to detainees with covid-19 despite FDA warnings

An Arkansas jail and its health-care provider are facing criticisms of “medical experimentation” because the jail’s medical staff has been treating covid-19 patients with ivermectin, a drug commonly used for deworming livestock.

Washington County Justice of the Peace Eva Madison said she heard reports of the practice Tuesday after a county employee visited a Karas Health Care coronavirus testing site at the Washington County Detention Center in Fayetteville and was prescribed ivermectin despite testing negative for the coronavirus.

Karas is one of three health-care providers accessible to employees on the county health-care plan. It operates in the jail as Karas Correctional Health.

“When this employee told me that, I thought, ‘Our sheriff has common sense. He’ll know what’s going on,’ ” Madison told The Washington Post on Wednesday. Madison said she has a good rapport with Washington County Sheriff Tim Helder but was dismayed when he confirmed her suspicions — and defended the practice.

“He didn’t seem to care that this goes against FDA guidance.”

Helder told the Press-Democrat that he has known since July that jail detainees were being treated with ivermectin, and he praised Karas as a health-care partner.

“Whatever a doctor prescribes, that’s out of my bailiwick,” Helder told the paper. “But I will stake their record against any medical provider in any correctional facility in the United States. Doctors prescribe. They’ve been to medical school. I haven’t.”

Like hydroxychloroquine before it, ivermectin is a drug whose off-label use has been touted, particularly in conservative media and nonmedical circles, as a covid-19 treatment.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... Q_gK_EZZF4
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Use of Ivermectin Is Associated With Lower Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019: The Ivermectin in COVID Nineteen Study

Background: Ivermectin was shown to inhibit severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 replication in vitro, which has led to off-label use, but clinical efficacy has not been described previously.

Interpretation: Ivermectin treatment was associated with lower mortality during treatment of COVID-19, especially in patients with severe pulmonary involvement. Randomized controlled trials are needed to confirm these findings.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33065103/

Here's just one, there are many more. I get it that this is not FDA approved, neither is melatonin to help you sleep at night. But when it comes to living and dying, lives financially destroyed or not, us country people are going to try to both live and be able to survive afterwards.
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:43 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:34 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:31 pm

They are not going to livestock stores and using the product sold as livestock de-wormer, which is what some people are doing.
Are they using Ivermectin?

No, ivermectin is not a FDA approved treatment for COVID. There are some clinical trials, I believe, but that’s it.
EarlGrayHot
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Sadly, no. This is just more bullshit from the far right wing whackos. People need to stop listening to the idiots on FOX News. And yes, morons who believe the latest stupidities from these morons are undoubtedly the same people who believed Trump's crazy talk about ingesting bleach.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:29 pm

So are you saying hospitals aren't using it to treat covid?

I can't find anything about a hospital in Arkansas treating people with ivermectin for covid.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:13 am Use of Ivermectin Is Associated With Lower Mortality in Hospitalized Patients With Coronavirus Disease 2019: The Ivermectin in COVID Nineteen Study

Background: Ivermectin was shown to inhibit severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 replication in vitro, which has led to off-label use, but clinical efficacy has not been described previously.

Interpretation: Ivermectin treatment was associated with lower mortality during treatment of COVID-19, especially in patients with severe pulmonary involvement. Randomized controlled trials are needed to confirm these findings.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33065103/

Here's just one, there are many more. I get it that this is not FDA approved, neither is melatonin to help you sleep at night. But when it comes to living and dying, lives financially destroyed or not, us country people are going to try to both live and be able to survive afterwards.
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:43 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:34 pm

Are they using Ivermectin?

No, ivermectin is not a FDA approved treatment for COVID. There are some clinical trials, I believe, but that’s it.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:05 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:56 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:39 pm

Uh, lol it is normal, and most people know that the dosages are different for chickens, horses and humans.

But still, it's par for the course to share medications. It happens all day everyday and has been for the last 37 years at least lol.
You know people who regularly take medication meant for livestock?
I know people that regularly use horse shampoo for their hair and horse liniment when they are hurt. It usually goes the other way around though and the animal gets the human medicine.
Topical treatments are a far cry from injectables.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Locked Previous topicNext topic