My son broke his phone. Again.

Anonymous 7

Unread post

Only one of my kids has broken a phone and it wasnt his fault. It was in a case with a glass screen protector on it. He fell down concrete stairs at the park and busted himself and the phone. The dr had to dig glass out of my poor kids buttcheek. He also broke his tailbone and collarbone. We didnt make him pay for a new phone. I firmly believe phones should be in cases though we dont put glass screen protectors on the kids phones now. We have a rule if its out of its case, its mine for a week.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Either and/or both.
7byher wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:45 pm
stilltfez wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 pm
7byher wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm

A young 14.
old enough to earn the $ for a replacement before he gets it.
So the question now is do i make him earn the money or use his birthday money?
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Anonymous 6 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:17 pm Why didn’t you get him a life proof case after the first time?
He had a otterbox on it for a long time. But then he decided hes too cool for a clunky case so he took it off.
He's an asshole sometimes.
Deleted User 1018

Unread post

If it were my kid, they'd be going without a phone probably for the rest of 2019.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Oh yeah, that would have happened a phone ago here. Lol

DS14 just broke his first phone (he has had a flip phone since 9, smart phone since 11). It was in his case in his pocket and he slipped while chasing his little brother and fell on the two stairs into the living room. Landed on the phone and it completely died. Wouldn’t even turn on. And we still have 17 months of paying on it. Ugh

So we agreed to pay half of a new phone since it wasn’t his fault really (well, he wasn’t doing anything we don’t do, anyway). But if this one breaks he’s on his own!!
hugs
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

bummer
Anonymous 8

Unread post

He's not responsible enough for a phone. He would have lost it after the first time.
Fullxbusymom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:56 pm This is the 3rd time hes broken his phone in the last year.

This time im switching him to a flip phone and making him pay for the repairs.

Think he'll learn to be more careful now?

eta- idk why it posted me as anon.
Sounds like he is not old enough to have one at all.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Anonymous 7 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:45 pm Only one of my kids has broken a phone and it wasnt his fault. It was in a case with a glass screen protector on it. He fell down concrete stairs at the park and busted himself and the phone. The dr had to dig glass out of my poor kids buttcheek. He also broke his tailbone and collarbone. We didnt make him pay for a new phone. I firmly believe phones should be in cases though we dont put glass screen protectors on the kids phones now. We have a rule if its out of its case, its mine for a week.
The real question is, did he fall because he was looking at his phone instead of watching his step?

Anonymous 10

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm I don't understand how this constantly happens to people. Do you guys get a "pretty" or "cool" case or do you get a good durable case. My son has an otter box and dh and I have life proof cases. None of use has ever had a problem with breaking phones.
I agree, but I also don't fall for iPhone crap either just besause everyone else has to have one. I've always bought LG phones and that coupled with a heavy duty case I've never broken a phone. Mine gets dropped tossed by kids from time to time and has fallen in water and is as pristine as the day it came out of the box. I'm using a unicorn beetle case right now and I can't even get it off lol hubby has to take it off for me lol.
Locked Previous topicNext topic