Who was wrong

Anonymous 7

Unread post

I'd have let him know how rude and disrespectful he just was. There really was no need for that. I'd probably just do the job myself after that.
Hot4Tchr-Bieg
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

EarlGrayHot wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:25 am In over forty years my husband NEVER called me names or behaved that way. A video game is not as important as a plumbing emergency. But I do not agree with your logic: the kids won't let me take a bath. That is also ridiculous. You're a grown woman and it's crazy to complain about small children dictating when and how you bathe. I'd say that your husband needs to step up and watch them while you take a bath or shower.
This is obviously correct. But you have to ask...might a man who can't put down a video game without having a temper tantrum also be the type who will refuse to pay attention to his kids and/or pitch a fit if the kids get too loud while she's in there?
Don't text while driving. Don''t text while stopped at stop signs and traffic lights. You're not a four year old...exercise some self-control.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

When something in our house breaks that my husband is capable of fixing, he gets a certain amount of time (that we agree on) to fix it. If it's not fixed by then, I hire a handyman.

If DH could promise to fix said pull valve within the week, I'd be taking baths until he does. There's got to be some time in a 24 hour period that you could sneak in a bath. Either do it while the kids are sleeping. Or do it while they are awake and have DH watch them while you do.
Mom of monkeys
Countess
Countess

Unread post

For one a husband isn't a kid. For two, why is home repair his job. For three a woman can do home repair.
Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:31 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:34 am
carterscutie85 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:23 am

I like to play video games too sometimes so I totally understand needing to save before you do something. And some games you do have to find a certain spot to save, it's not as easy as just click and you are saved. But I do agree he should have used his words instead of being an El Jerko and snapping. I have anxiety when things get broken esp when it's something major and I always want them fixed right away too.
at 9pm I would have asked her to wait until tomorrow and please take a bath. If the problem is what I think it is it can take time to fix. But he should have asked her to wait a minute and not been stupid. I play WoW and sometimes one can't stop especially if you're playing online with others. It's my biggest problem with video games that one can't pause anytime they want; the game isn't actually PAUSED. Actually it drives me apeshit batty because I feel it's nothing more than a ploy by game companies to keep people playing. I should have a dollar for every time I've yelled at someone to come to dinner and he yells back he can't and then we fight. I've taken to giving time warnings...that helps.
I would tell my kid to shut off the game and come. It's a game, I don't care if you lose some progress, it's time to shut it off.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom of monkeys wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:49 pm For one a husband isn't a kid. For two, why is home repair his job. For three a woman can do home repair.

at 9pm I would have asked her to wait until tomorrow and please take a bath. If the problem is what I think it is it can take time to fix. But he should have asked her to wait a minute and not been stupid. I play WoW and sometimes one can't stop especially if you're playing online with others. It's my biggest problem with video games that one can't pause anytime they want; the game isn't actually PAUSED. Actually it drives me apeshit batty because I feel it's nothing more than a ploy by game companies to keep people playing. I should have a dollar for every time I've yelled at someone to come to dinner and he yells back he can't and then we fight. I've taken to giving time warnings...that helps.
I would tell my kid to shut off the game and come. It's a game, I don't care if you lose some progress, it's time to shut it off.
I think she's saying a kid because that's who I usually called to dinner and who usually got upset if I got mad and turned off his game. And yes I do a lot of home repairs but the point also is the guy could have said look it's 9pm I don't want to do this now because I won't have time. Go take a bath and I'll watch the kids. I'll fix it tomorrow. Instead he had to be snotty about it.
Anonymous 8

Unread post

When the activity you're doing is so engrossing that you become totally unaware of your surroundings...

I'm not saying he had to stop at that exact moment to help OR that he even had to be the one to repair the shower. I am saying that if the kids are awake, he shouldn't be so comatose that he can't even acknowledge his wife.
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Mom of monkeys wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:49 pm For one a husband isn't a kid. For two, why is home repair his job. For three a woman can do home repair.

1. I wasnt responding to the OP, I was quoting someone. She was talking about multiple people, including her kids.
2. She was talking about dinner being ready, not home repair.
3. Read what you're responding to before you respond.
Anonymous 9

Unread post

Hand him the kids, tell him “tag, you’re it” and go take a bath. Problem solved.
Anonymous 10

Unread post

I would ask my husband to look at it. If he didn't, I would video chat my dad and find out what I needed to get to fix it. My dad would walk me through what I need.

Then I may forget to make enough dinner for dh or wash his clothes for a while. I hate video games.
Anonymous 11

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:20 pm

1. I wasnt responding to the OP, I was quoting someone. She was talking about multiple people, including her kids.
2. She was talking about dinner being ready, not home repair.
3. Read what you're responding to before you respond.
1. Here you go again trying to tell other members how they can or should reply in a post.
2. You have huge double claspers doing number 1 above
3. You appear to be developing another persona much like that of another member that posts a bunch of replies in damn near every post.
Locked Previous topicNext topic