SIL got arrested and now she needs to find a new place to live

Notamerican

Unread post

You should be mad at any form of drink driving.
RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:49 pm
Lunachick1974 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:13 pm I know a good person that has been arrested for drunk driving. Just over the limit. They weren't partying hard, or planning on drinking and driving. This person had 2 beers in 2 hours. Thought they were fine. Got pulled over for a headlight being out and blew just above the limit. I would and did help this person. Normally they are very upstanding and felt awful it even happened. It fucked their world up for a long time. Now they don't drink at all if they are going anywhere.
Long story short your, SIL sounds like a dip shit and I wouldn't want to help her either. However, I wouldn't want her family to suffer b/c of her stupid behavior. If I were her husband I would be pissed too.
I am not even mad at this type of drunk driving. Its not even something bad to me. They were not driving crazy. They were barely above the already super low limit.
RedBottoms

Unread post

Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:09 pm You should be mad at any form of drink driving.
Lunachick1974 wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:13 pm I know a good person that has been arrested for drunk driving. Just over the limit. They weren't partying hard, or planning on drinking and driving. This person had 2 beers in 2 hours. Thought they were fine. Got pulled over for a headlight being out and blew just above the limit. I would and did help this person. Normally they are very upstanding and felt awful it even happened. It fucked their world up for a long time. Now they don't drink at all if they are going anywhere.
Long story short your, SIL sounds like a dip shit and I wouldn't want to help her either. However, I wouldn't want her family to suffer b/c of her stupid behavior. If I were her husband I would be pissed too.
I am not even mad at this type of drunk driving. Its not even something bad to me. They were not driving crazy. They were barely above the already super low limit.
we call it drunk driving here.

No because I don't believe that a grown 220 pound man having 2 beers over a huge dinner cannot handle driving a car after 2 hours if its a man that is used to drinking. It takes way more than that to actually impair you.

I think our laws are too strict and need more common sense.

Big difference from being plastered weaving all over the road at 2 am on the way home from the bar and having two drinks with dinner and driving home. Big difference.
Notamerican

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:11 pm
Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:09 pm You should be mad at any form of drink driving.

No because I don't believe that a grown 220 pound man having 2 beers over a huge dinner cannot handle driving a car after 2 hours if its a man that is used to drinking. It takes way more than that to actually impair you.

Big difference from being plastered weaving all over the road at 2 am on the way home from the bar and having two drinks with dinner and driving home. Big difference.
Science proves that people have impairment at 0.05%. That is all that should matter. You might think he wasnt impaired, he might think he wasnt impaired, but that doesnt make it true. The laws are in place for a reason.

Common sense is to follow what the science and research says. Sure there is a big difference between 0.05% and 0.16% but that doesnt mean both arent impaired. There is a reason in almost all of the world 0.05% is the legal limit
Notamerican

Unread post

Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:14 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:11 pm

Science proves that people have impairment at 0.05%. That is all that should matter. You might think he wasnt impaired, he might think he wasnt impaired, but that doesnt make it true. The laws are in place for a reason.

Common sense is to follow what the science and research says. Sure there is a big difference between 0.05% and 0.16% but that doesnt mean both arent impaired. There is a reason in almost all of the world 0.05% is the legal limit
0.05% or less**
RedBottoms

Unread post

I know people that literally walked the line in a handstand so they obviously were not that impaired. But still blew over the legal limit. So how do you explain that?
Notamerican

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:26 pm I know people that literally walked the line in a handstand so they obviously were not that impaired. But still blew over the legal limit. So how do you explain that?
Walking in a straight line does not mean you are not impaired. How do you explain the science?
RedBottoms

Unread post

Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:29 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:26 pm I know people that literally walked the line in a handstand so they obviously were not that impaired. But still blew over the legal limit. So how do you explain that?
Walking in a straight line does not mean you are not impaired. How do you explain the science?
did you miss the handstand part?
Notamerican

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:34 pm
Handstand doesnt change anything. I used to get drunk and do cheerleading and all sorts of stuff. That doesnt mean I wasnt impaired. I never would have drove home though because that would be fucked up. There is more to impairment than just being able to do physical stuff.

There is really no denying this again the studies are there.
Deleted User 172

Unread post

Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:20 am
RealisticBeauty wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:10 am that wouldn't stop me from helping out family.
Good people do not help out drink drivers. Period

Ridiculous.
TheMomster
Countess
Countess

Unread post

That is the whole point. Not being able to do physical stuff. What is your point here?

Notamerican wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:39 pm
RedBottoms wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 2:34 pm

Handstand doesnt change anything. I used to get drunk and do cheerleading and all sorts of stuff. That doesnt mean I wasnt impaired. I never would have drove home though because that would be fucked up. There is more to impairment than just being able to do physical stuff.

There is really no denying this again the studies are there.
Locked Previous topicNext topic