Ivermectin - is this a joke?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:29 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:52 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Why would this not be a legitimate treatment, if it is actually the legitimate treatment?

If all you need is a lower, diluted amount... that doesn't mean it's off the table, that means you have to dilute it.
Because it is not a legitimate treatment. It is approved - in a different formula - for treatment of parasites in humans. Not for Covid-19, which is what is being promoted by Ingram and others. People are buying it from livestock supply companies and self-medicating instead of seeking professional medical care. There is a spike in calls to poison control hot-lines from this behavior.
So are you saying hospitals aren't using it to treat covid?
In general, no, however there are a couple hospitals that have been granted special permission to experiment with it as a potential part of a “cocktail” of drugs. It has not been approved by the FDA outside of these few for humans either for oral or intravenous.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

It’s only FDA approved for human use topically.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:27 pm In all fairness, Invermectin is approved for human use and treatment for many parasitic infections. It’s not a “livestock medication”.
The whole thing about it being a treatment/prevention for covid is a different discussion. I’ve heard opinions from doctors on both sides: those who would swear it works and those who think it’s BS. As it is, I keep a healthy skepticism. And as it is, to me there’s no one dumber and more pathetic than a person who would swear by ivermectin but then poo poos on vaccines…
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:52 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:00 pm Country girl here, we've been sharing medicines with our pets and livestock forever lol.
Tylenol, vaporub, melatonin, aspirin, benadryl, you name it.
Ok, but do you use livestock medications to treat potentially fatal diseases that have already taken the lives of 600,000+ Americans?
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:39 pm
mommy_jules wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:28 pm
Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:00 pm Country girl here, we've been sharing medicines with our pets and livestock forever lol.
This type of attitude is the problem. It’s not as simple as that. Dosing a pig, which is relatively the same weight of many humans, with NyQuil is easy and safe. Dosing a human with the ivermectin from the co-op meant for livestock is another thing. Ivermectin is usually in concentrated form and dosages are meant for animals that weigh hundreds of pounds. You don’t dilute that stuff enough, your ass is going to the ER. That is what is happening right now. People are overdosing on this stuff. So stop acting like it’s normal for people to take shit that they keep in the barn/storage building. *****I live on a mini farm with turkeys, chickens, sheep, pigs, and goats!
Uh, lol it is normal, and most people know that the dosages are different for chickens, horses and humans.

But still, it's par for the course to share medications. It happens all day everyday and has been for the last 37 years at least lol.
Fine but a deworming medicine meant for horses? Okay I’ll use Mane Tail hair conditioning which can also be used on horses. But I do draw the line with ingesting actual horse medicine. I ain’t got worms and while I’m overweight I’m not a horse’s weight. I’ll pass thanks.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:44 pm
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:52 pm

Because it is not a legitimate treatment. It is approved - in a different formula - for treatment of parasites in humans. Not for Covid-19, which is what is being promoted by Ingram and others. People are buying it from livestock supply companies and self-medicating instead of seeking professional medical care. There is a spike in calls to poison control hot-lines from this behavior.
In general, no, however there are a couple hospitals that have been granted special permission to experiment with it as a potential part of a “cocktail” of drugs. It has not been approved by the FDA outside of these few for humans either for oral or intravenous.

Ok, well, yes, they are. I already know 3 people who were treated with it at the hospital and this is a pretty small town, so I'm sure in the rest of Arkansas there are plenty more.

Hospitals are using it to treat people, we know this.
Deleted User 1949

Unread post

Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:46 pm

This type of attitude is the problem. It’s not as simple as that. Dosing a pig, which is relatively the same weight of many humans, with NyQuil is easy and safe. Dosing a human with the ivermectin from the co-op meant for livestock is another thing. Ivermectin is usually in concentrated form and dosages are meant for animals that weigh hundreds of pounds. You don’t dilute that stuff enough, your ass is going to the ER. That is what is happening right now. People are overdosing on this stuff. So stop acting like it’s normal for people to take shit that they keep in the barn/storage building. *****I live on a mini farm with turkeys, chickens, sheep, pigs, and goats!
Uh, lol it is normal, and most people know that the dosages are different for chickens, horses and humans.

But still, it's par for the course to share medications. It happens all day everyday and has been for the last 37 years at least lol.
Fine but a deworming medicine meant for horses? Okay I’ll use Mane Tail hair conditioning which can also be used on horses. But I do draw the line with ingesting actual horse medicine. I ain’t got worms and while I’m overweight I’m not a horse’s weight. I’ll pass thanks.
So pass then... You're not a strong man who is sick as a dog, worried about taking a hospital bed from a kid who might need it, trying to both breathe and still make money for your family to be able to eat next month..
It doesn't matter if you come home with a $38,000 bill for treatment, right? So why would you ever risk trying to take care of yourself instead of going to a hospital?

Everyone is a F***ing idiot except us, I know.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:06 pm
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:44 pm

Ok, well, yes, they are. I already know 3 people who were treated with it at the hospital and this is a pretty small town, so I'm sure in the rest of Arkansas there are plenty more.

Hospitals are using it to treat people, we know this.
Hmm. I heard some Arkansas prison used it which might not go down well with the county. https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.co ... d-19%3famp
But other than clinical trials idk any hospital that’s using the drug. The FDA is saying don’t take the deworming medicine. Now if you heard differently tell me what hospitals so I can be sure not to end up in a clinical trial without my permission.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Lindsay wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:10 pm
Pjmm wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:46 pm

So pass then... You're not a strong man who is sick as a dog, worried about taking a hospital bed from a kid who might need it, trying to both breathe and still make money for your family to be able to eat next month..
It doesn't matter if you come home with a $38,000 bill for treatment, right? So why would you ever risk trying to take care of yourself instead of going to a hospital?

Everyone is a F***ing idiot except us, I know.
Here’s the thing. Yes there’s clinical trials going on for invermectin. But it’s not the deworming medication. The FDA is telling people don’t dose yourself. Here’s from their website:
Even the levels of ivermectin for approved uses can interact with other medications, like blood-thinners. You can also overdose on ivermectin, which can cause nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, hypotension (low blood pressure), allergic reactions (itching and hives), dizziness, ataxia (problems with balance), seizures, coma and even death.

I can understand not wanting a high hospital bill. It’s why I got vaccinated and why I do preventive care. but I guess I don’t understand putting trust in a deworming meds. Not if it can harm me.

I don’t know who the man is in your example. If you know him I’m sorry and I hope he gets better. To me one has to be careful with taking things not meant for humans or to cure Covid. Hopefully I’m wrong and it works for him. And I’ll be the first to say I was wrong.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

No…

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-suppl ... g-20064397

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-112 ... al/details

https://www.drugs.com/ivermectin.html
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:45 pm It’s only FDA approved for human use topically.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 7:27 pm In all fairness, Invermectin is approved for human use and treatment for many parasitic infections. It’s not a “livestock medication”.
The whole thing about it being a treatment/prevention for covid is a different discussion. I’ve heard opinions from doctors on both sides: those who would swear it works and those who think it’s BS. As it is, I keep a healthy skepticism. And as it is, to me there’s no one dumber and more pathetic than a person who would swear by ivermectin but then poo poos on vaccines…
MonarchMom wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:52 pm

Ok, but do you use livestock medications to treat potentially fatal diseases that have already taken the lives of 600,000+ Americans?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah, was actually coming back to edit reply. The original piece I’d read a few months ago was worded weird, it had stated it was fda approved topically for humans but some hospitals were experimenting with it as part of a Covid treatment but was not approved yet for human orally. (So it reads as though it’s not approved for human orally but is being used in experiments, but what they meant was it’s not approved for use orally for humans for covid) a link was added with the fda’s faq, which clarifies that it’s only approved for humans as part of certain parasite treatments both orally and topically, it’s not approved for any other uses and requires a prescription.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:38 pm No…

https://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-suppl ... g-20064397

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-112 ... al/details

https://www.drugs.com/ivermectin.html
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 8:45 pm It’s only FDA approved for human use topically.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Have you been using xylazine too, lol?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Locked Previous topicNext topic