Any clue how I can prevent this?

Anonymous 1

pinkbutterfly66 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:17 pm You can buy seatbelt locking covers so she can't unbuckle herself. But I would make the parents buy it.
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=car+seat+but ... _sb_noss_2
How would that help the situation?
Anonymous 5

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:27 pm
Rosehawk wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:10 pm Are you sure you're using the right path for the seat belt? Every one I've used has a special path that goes under the butt and padding so that baby/child is more sitting on the belt and not like in your pic. If you don't have that, I'd get a different car seat.
Its an infant carrier. Specifically the nuna. It’s the only place the seatbelt can go.

I’m going to talk to mom about getting another car seat. I know they don’t want to spend the money but it’s unsafe and I just can’t risk it
If it’s a Pipa, it specifically designed to be installed without the base. If it’s a Pipa Lite, it cannot be installed safely without the base.

The Pipa is specifically designed for travel - so you can take it into a taxi, on a bus, on an airplane etc without the base.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 pm
Rosehawk wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 2:10 pm Are you sure you're using the right path for the seat belt? Every one I've used has a special path that goes under the butt and padding so that baby/child is more sitting on the belt and not like in your pic. If you don't have that, I'd get a different car seat.
Its an infant carrier. Specifically the nuna. It’s the only place the seatbelt can go.

I’m going to talk to mom about getting another car seat. I know they don’t want to spend the money but it’s unsafe and I just can’t risk it
If it’s a Pipa, it specifically designed to be installed without the base. If it’s a Pipa Lite, it cannot be installed safely without the base.

The Pipa is specifically designed for travel - so you can take it into a taxi, on a bus, on an airplane etc without the base.

It’s the pipa. Not the lite.

I’m installing it without the base. She’s learned to put her legs over the seatbelt when it’s installed without the base.

It installs just like infant car seats used to be installed years ago before they even made bases for them.
Anonymous 6

In addition to worrying about the safety of the child, I'd also be wondering if as the driver I could get nailed by a cop for the child not being properly restrained.
Deleted User 876

Shaken1976 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:55 am I would switch her to a convertible or buy the base for it.
I agree. That is not safe the way it's strapped in right now - if you had to slam brakes or got in an accident that seat would not protect your child the way it is installed. Fire and police stations sometimes have chairs for parents who can't afford them - look into it if that is the issue.
Anonymous 5

MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:49 pm

I’m installing it without the base. She’s learned to put her legs over the seatbelt when it’s installed without the base.

It installs just like infant car seats used to be installed years ago before they even made bases for them.
It’s a high-end infant car seat designed to be installed without the base. Watch a YouTube video and make sure you’re installing it properly. If you are, it’s safer than many of the other infant car seats out there.
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo
Patreon
Patreon
Regent
Regent

Anonymous 5 wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:47 pm
MonkeySeeMonkeyDo wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:49 pm

It’s a high-end infant car seat designed to be installed without the base. Watch a YouTube video and make sure you’re installing it properly. If you are, it’s safer than many of the other infant car seats out there.

I’ve read the manual, I am installing it correctly. The kid puts her legs over the seatbelt. Nothing I can do about that.

She’s 15 months old, it’s not that I’m not installing it incorrectly it’s that she is old enough to move her legs and do things like that. She’s not a small infant who barely moves, she’s a toddler who’s close to walking.
Locked Previous topicNext topic