My son broke his phone. Again.

Gorilla_Mama
Regent
Regent

Unread post

We gave my dd a phone a few months ago and made it clear we only give the first one freely. If she loses or breaks it, that cost is on her.

Hope your son learns his lesson.
stilltfez
Regent
Regent

Unread post

7byher wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm
stilltfez wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm how old is the kiddo??
my opinion might change based on age.
A young 14.
old enough to earn the $ for a replacement before he gets it.
Total absence of humor renders life impossible
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I don't understand how this constantly happens to people. Do you guys get a "pretty" or "cool" case or do you get a good durable case. My son has an otter box and dh and I have life proof cases. None of use has ever had a problem with breaking phones.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Poietes wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm I don't understand how this constantly happens to people. Do you guys get a "pretty" or "cool" case or do you get a good durable case. My son has an otter box and dh and I have life proof cases. None of use has ever had a problem with breaking phones.
Yds and I cracked our screens but they work. I've noticed if kids buy their own phones they're more careful. And I have a case. He doesn't.
Anonymous 2

Unread post

Yes!

I remember when my kids were teens and they were "too cool" to have Otter boxes on their phones...until the first one broke! Then, they all wanted (and have!) Otter boxes! Love those things!

Poietes wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:16 pm I don't understand how this constantly happens to people. Do you guys get a "pretty" or "cool" case or do you get a good durable case. My son has an otter box and dh and I have life proof cases. None of use has ever had a problem with breaking phones.
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Lol. He has one of those phones that are "supposed" to be one of those phones that can be dropped from 6 feet and survive.
Its a very old phone to begin with, maybe 4 years old now and it had some pixelation issues.
He had an otter box on it and when he dropped jt the pre existing pixelation issues got worse until the phone was just black.
7byher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

stilltfez wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:05 pm
7byher wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:13 pm
stilltfez wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:06 pm how old is the kiddo??
my opinion might change based on age.
A young 14.
old enough to earn the $ for a replacement before he gets it.
So the question now is do i make him earn the money or use his birthday money?
madfoodie
Sparkles the Elf
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Yeah 14 I would have as well.
i want candy!
Anonymous 5

Unread post

When I got DD her phone, I said if it breaks she is replacing it. Well this last week the phone decided that it no longer wanted to charge. She had it about a year. I got her a new one (she qualified for a phone at the Promo price) but again rule is, if she breaks it she gets to buy a new one. If after a year or whatever the phone gives up on life, I will probably replace it.
Anonymous 6

Unread post

Why didn’t you get him a life proof case after the first time?
Locked Previous topicNext topic