I think this is a damn insurance scam

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

FotoFlexer_Photo.jpg
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:00 pm Oh wow, you AGAIN?
carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:00 pm Do they pay separately for each test? Or is it bundled in one fee?

Did you look at OB and say, "I'm sorry, but can you point me to any research or case reports in which one of these cysts has led to fetal distress?"

I almost lost my 2nd child, so I don't mess around, and would likely be showing up for the tests, but it's almost like there's another reason, he doesn't want to say...kwim?
That's what I think too but I would be pissed if there was since I should know every aspect of my care.

Unfortunately I only get so much time off. Between all schedules I can only make Fridays work at any time since like I said I'll be off work on Fridays now. I only can take off so much time before I risk my job and no job=no money for baby lol.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

I had to get ultrasounds once a week at a special hospital an hour away for my entire pregnancy. About halfway through I told my ob that I wasn’t doing it anymore and switched to once a month. My baby was perfectly fine at each appointment.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Some insurances are such a pita with their post audits of healthcare providers that I would be surprised anyone can do a scam. Ask the ob about it but she's probably just being cautious.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

carterscutie85 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:28 pm
LiveWhatULove wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:00 pm Do they pay separately for each test? Or is it bundled in one fee?

Did you look at OB and say, "I'm sorry, but can you point me to any research or case reports in which one of these cysts has led to fetal distress?"

I almost lost my 2nd child, so I don't mess around, and would likely be showing up for the tests, but it's almost like there's another reason, he doesn't want to say...kwim?
That's what I think too but I would be pissed if there was since I should know every aspect of my care.

Unfortunately I only get so much time off. Between all schedules I can only make Fridays work at any time since like I said I'll be off work on Fridays now. I only can take off so much time before I risk my job and no job=no money for baby lol.
Is that’s true, then you’ll just lose your job once the baby is born soon, right? If you are eligible for FMLA, you can use it for appointments.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm thinking more likely it's for avoidance of a lawsuit. Because if they saw something and did nothing and something happened then you'd be likely to sue in their eyes. That's why so many doctors do so many unnecessary medical interventions, for the avoidance of a lawsuit. Women tend to forget that they are never guaranteed a healthy baby at the end of a pregnancy and when they don't get one they want someone to blame. The doctors are trying to avoid being that target.
Fairymom
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

I had a cyst with my first. It was all smooth sailing as far as the cyst till I was 8 months along. Between Tuesday scan and Friday it got to grapefruit size. So they drained it surgically before it torqued my fallopian tube. Its better to watch and be cautious. Just lay back and enjoy seeing baby onscreen. Make it a treat yourself day. Get a treat at the bakery, do a face mask at home, relax. Do something for yourself on those days that makes you feel good.
Cupcake
Baroness
Baroness

Unread post

You must not have a life.
deltathree
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mrsmacgiver wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:13 pm Get a second opinion.
Valentina327
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Traci_Momof2 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:50 pm I'm thinking more likely it's for avoidance of a lawsuit. Because if they saw something and did nothing and something happened then you'd be likely to sue in their eyes. That's why so many doctors do so many unnecessary medical interventions, for the avoidance of a lawsuit. Women tend to forget that they are never guaranteed a healthy baby at the end of a pregnancy and when they don't get one they want someone to blame. The doctors are trying to avoid being that target.
Exactly this. Something happens, she'll be the first one squealing about it.
Let's Go Brandon!
#FJB

https://openvaers.com/
Locked Previous topicNext topic