I dont see a way out of this . I feel a panic attack coming.

Catdaughter20
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

How do you have so much money just laying around? You don't work, you're on welfare.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am so sorry as I know this is stressful! If your daughter feels confident, I'd let her stay in a hotel near Disney. She says she can handle it and you should believe her, even thought I know it will bring a lot of sleepless nights. This will give her the chance to be really independent which is a wonderful birthday present!

I am booking a 1-week beach trip for my 21 yo autistic son and it almost makes me ill so again, I get the anxiety about it. But you gotta let them spread those wings, especially if they are asking to do so.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:53 pm How do you have so much money just laying around? You don't work, you're on welfare.
I do work.I do Uber and its decent money here in Vegas.I also dont spend alot of money day to day . I still have money I havent touched at all from my last car accident settlement combined with the money from my mom's passing.Its not much and I dont touch it.Its $19k and its in a CD. Its for my kids when i pass away.They also have their own savings accounts I deposit in regularly.

If dd has to stay behind that money will come out of my emergency fund( not the cd).
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Catdaughter20 wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:53 pm How do you have so much money just laying around? You don't work, you're on welfare.
She works, like 70% of welfare recipients.
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:05 pm I am so sorry as I know this is stressful! If your daughter feels confident, I'd let her stay in a hotel near Disney. She says she can handle it and you should believe her, even thought I know it will bring a lot of sleepless nights. This will give her the chance to be really independent which is a wonderful birthday present!

I am booking a 1-week beach trip for my 21 yo autistic son and it almost makes me ill so again, I get the anxiety about it. But you gotta let them spread those wings, especially if they are asking to do so.
Thank you :) I am BEYOND stressed out.I havent eaten anything at all today.I cried driving home because I feel so bad for dd because she was looking forward to the cruise and dd is attached to me like glue I know she will be anxious regardless of her telling me she will be okay. I think I baby her too much and she is getting tired of me. I asked her will she be okay without me and she said yes but she had an attitude like I was irritating her with my worrying. I hurried up and got off the phone after that.
Ds16 told me im babying her and he doesnt care he's getting on the ship . He said i have 2 choices keep babying her and lose my money or let her stay at a hotel by herself . I'm in the middle of the fence right now. I hope your beach trip goes well!
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Kookookrazy wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:29 pm
I do work.I do Uber and its decent money here in Vegas.I also dont spend alot of money day to day . I still have money I havent touched at all from my last car accident settlement combined with the money from my mom's passing.Its not much and I dont touch it.Its $19k and its in a CD. Its for my kids when i pass away.They also have their own savings accounts I deposit in regularly.

If dd has to stay behind that money will come out of my emergency fund( not the cd).
You get food and housing assistance every month. How much does that cover?
Heyteacher
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

Would Carnival allow you to reschedule? I know they won’t refund if you cancel, but perhaps they will give you credit if you reschedule?

I know it’s mute now, but next time spend the $$ on the insurance. That way if something does happen you won’t be stuck eating the cost. Good luck.
Anonymous 5

Unread post

I truly don't believe you can be this clueless. You have no money. I think you just think of ridiculous things to post to see how much of a ruckus it will cause.
AZOldGal66
Countess
Countess

Unread post

Panic and anxiety are frightening to contend with.

Hang in there! 💕
just an old coot 😉🌵
Kookookrazy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Heyteacher wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:40 pm Would Carnival allow you to reschedule? I know they won’t refund if you cancel, but perhaps they will give you credit if you reschedule?

I know it’s mute now, but next time spend the $$ on the insurance. That way if something does happen you won’t be stuck eating the cost. Good luck.
I honestly don't know...I don't think they will allow us to reschedule I've always heard if you miss the ship than you're just out of luck. Rescheduling will be a nightmare too because we have no more trips planned this year .DS has to attend summer school to make up credits so he can graduate on time.Its because we moved to Nevada so late in the school year they wouldn't issue them any credits for that year. By the time his summer school ends dd's fall semester begins so idk when we will get to take a trip like this again.

I'm starting my 9 to 5 in the fall as well. I will officially be getting a "real" job .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic