Would you slash your own tire so it would be covered by insurance?

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Why would he have had to purchase 2 of they slashed 3 successfully?

You said they cover either 1 or 4, so I’m not sure I understand the issue.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:54 am Why would he have had to purchase 2 of they slashed 3 successfully?

If he had not slashed the last one the insurance company would have replaced only 1 tire. That leaves 2 more tires to be replaced so he would have had to buy them himself.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am
SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:54 am Why would he have had to purchase 2 of they slashed 3 successfully?

If he had not slashed the last one the insurance company would have replaced only 1 tire. That leaves 2 more tires to be replaced so he would have had to buy them himself.
I’m not really sure I believe that, I guess. What company is this that won’t replace 4 damaged tires just because one wasn’t completely flat?

He would have needed to buy 3 in your scenario.
Deleted User 638

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:42 am
AnnieArk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 am No, because that's insurance fraud.
Technically it is but there is no way they can actually find out.

It's still fraud even if they never find out. It's not something I'd ever be comfortable doing.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

SolidlyAverage wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:00 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:56 am

I’m not really sure I believe that, I guess. What company is this that won’t replace 4 damaged tires just because one wasn’t completely flat?
I am not sure what company he uses.
Anonymous 3

Unread post

This doesn't make sense to me. I get that they wouldn't replace the undamaged one, but the other 3 should be covered.

But even if that really is their policy, I would not slash my own tire. That's fraud. Because of the deductable, I doubt it would make sense to file a claim to replace the tires anyway. I would just pay for new ones.
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

iamanon wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:36 am I'd have to read my policy first.
😂
Vegaswife2011
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AllofFive19 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:44 am If I could not get 3 tires replaced because they didn't cut the fourth, you best believe I'm cutting the fourth. I pay for that insurance and it's stupid to pay for insurance and have to pay to replace the tires too.
I agree.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:21 am This doesn't make sense to me. I get that they wouldn't replace the undamaged one, but the other 3 should be covered.

But even if that really is their policy, I would not slash my own tire. That's fraud. Because of the deductable, I doubt it would make sense to file a claim to replace the tires anyway. I would just pay for new ones.
I am not sure what the deductible is if there even is one. On my policy glass and tires do not have a deductible. Replacing two tires would have been about $550 out of his pocket
Anonymous 4

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:21 am This doesn't make sense to me. I get that they wouldn't replace the undamaged one, but the other 3 should be covered.

Our deductable is $300. Our tires for all 4 are average $750. It makes a lot of sense for us at least.
Locked Previous topicNext topic