Vacuum Bots Question

jas
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I wonder what's wrong with my sisters roomba... That sucker will not go over her foam mats. They're the really thick ones... like an inch.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

jas wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:14 am I wonder what's wrong with my sisters roomba... That sucker will not go over her foam mats. They're the really thick ones... like an inch.
Mine are thick like that too. The cushy ones for your feet & back. I actually have hardwoods, so if I don’t use carpet tape they slide all over. But if the bot cannot clean the kitchen, idk, that’s like 1/4 of my first floor??

It’s hard to spend that kind of money, even on sale, if it doesn’t work.
Deleted User 1039

Unread post

My Roomba has no problems with lips/thresholds/rugs. That was one of my concerns because I have an older house with weird thresholds and I didn't want it to get trapped in rooms or avoid them. But it has impressed me. I have an area rug that's almost 3/4 of an inch tall that it has no problems with, a threshold into my bathroom that is very close to an inch that it goes right over. It will also get up on the stone in front of my fireplace, which is an inch also. The newer Roombas map their way around with a little camera instead of just bumping into things, so I think that helps them get up and over things a bit better. I may just be making that up, though.

They have little spinning whiskers that get into corners and along edges of things, too. I have mine set to go back around the entire room and do the corners when it's done doing the room, and it goes around the outside of my area rug as well. So even if it doesn't get up on your mats, it will be able to sweep around the edges.

It won't eliminate sweeping and vacuuming, but I love mine because I don't have to do those things nearly as often and my floor is still overall much cleaner. With a dog and three kids who all produce a lot of crumbs and dirt, it is a hug help!
Locked Previous topicNext topic