I can't even go in my own backyard.

Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Damn........Someone else suggested using the garden hose, try that
Shaken1976 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:03 am
Sassy762 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am Buy one of these dog barking deterrent, I would get the strongest one available and put it near the fence

https://www.treehousepuppies.com/dog/tr ... ol-device/
We had one for a while. It didn't do anything but drive our dogs nuts. I honestly think their dog is deaf. He doesn't respond at all when you shout his name.
Anonymous 3

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:57 am I'd get rid of the dog if they didn't do anything about it
How you going to get rid of someone else dog
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Horrible. I try to be considerate with my neighbors. If my dogs bark more than a few moments I call them in. If a neighbor is having a backyard party I keep my dogs in as not to disturb them. Your neighbors are assholes.
JoJo728
Marchioness
Marchioness

Shaken1976 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:02 am
jas wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:59 am That sucks. Have you talked to them?
I have. They told me they can't bring their dog in too often because their son is allergic. But they don't want to get rid of it because it is their daughter's dog. They basically also said dogs belong outside. The dog on the other side of our house doesn't lose his mind when we come outside. He does poke his nose through a tiny hole to smell us. But my dogs don't mind him. They like to race up and down the fence line together.
Wow - that is so wrong. It is no small wonder this dog goes crazy when you come out. He probably is not getting enough love or family attention and wants it from you. And the aggression towards other dogs is largely due to the lack of training from the owners. The dog should be rehomed into a family that will give him the training and the attention that this family isn't. How old is the daughter in question?
Poietes
Regent
Regent

Call animal control every single time this do gets out of his yard. Every single time.
”Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.”
Sassy762
Princess
Princess

Also check your city or county ordinance, they could get into trouble for allowing the dog to bark for a certain period of time.
You could also blast some hip hop/ rap or country music so you wouldnt hear the dog
Anonymous 1

Anonymous 3 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:06 am
Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:57 am I'd get rid of the dog if they didn't do anything about it
How you going to get rid of someone else dog
There are many ways.
Anonymous 1

Poietes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 am Call animal control every single time this do gets out of his yard. Every single time.
You are assuming animal control would even do something.
RedBottoms

Poietes wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:42 am Call animal control every single time this do gets out of his yard. Every single time.
this is a good idea OP.

If you make this hard on the owners they will either put up a better fence or get rid of the dog or whatever. Start getting pictures of it in your yard or eating the fence and then call AC
RedBottoms

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:52 am
You are assuming animal control would even do something.
They kinda have to. If you show them proof the dog was in your yard with a video or pictures and show the damaged fence-they have to at least go over and talk to the owners and cite them or threaten to cite them or take the dog into custody
Locked Previous topicNext topic