Found this on reddit would you consider op to be the asshole/bad parent?

Deleted User 172

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:11 am
I'm with her on this one.
Emandab
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Yes.
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

She’s definitely an asshole. Seriously, they asked, she should have been honest and allowed the girl’s parents to decide. Not lie just because she doesn’t agree with how they parent. To even go to the extent of enlisting a friend into this is freaking pathetic, if you’re going to be an asshole at least have the balls to deal with the consequences yourself.
Anonymous 4

Unread post

My browser isn't letting me see the post. But I remember once my brother snuck his gf into his room and my mother found out. I'm sure the lecture that followed the next day was unpleasant and an eye opener to both parties. Now if op allowed it without telling the other parents no that's not cool at all. I wouldn't have a girl over unless I was prepared to sleep in a common area with one eye open.
Deleted User 670

Unread post

RedBottoms wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:15 am I would not make it that easy for my teens to f**k.
This!! I don't think 16-year-olds are emotionally ready to handle the baggage that comes with sexual intimacy. My daughter's best friend from high school has been sexually active with her boyfriend for maybe a year - 2 years. She got pregnant and had an abortion (pill) and while she realizes that being a pregnant teen was not in her best interest and got the abortion willingly, the whole incident has just messed with her because she's "so in love!!!" I love the kid, she's helped my daughter so much in so many ways and they have each other's back but the kid has a difficult background and her boyfriend does to and together they're a hot mess. They've got so much emotional baggage between them that they've really got no business being together, much less having S*x.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

The OP from Reddit sounds immature.

I would not really want my high school children having S*x in my home. I would not leave them unattended for long periods of time. I would request my child stay in family areas.

But, is it normal as a parent of a teen to call up the parents of another teen and request certain rules in their home? I mean, I would feel awkward as hell, calling up other parents now when they are ages 9 & 11 and requesting TV rules, for example. But maybe it's because I am in an introvert. I would just not let me DD or DS go over to the house, if I had doubts.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I think that she should respect the mother’s wishes. The boy’s mom has every right to not give a rat’s ass if her kid fucks around, but the girl’s parents has other standards and just because she feels they’re “too strict”, it’s not her place to dismiss them.

And, on a side note, I find the whole “teens will still do it!” argument to be seriously pathetic. That doesn’t mean parents should just give their blessings orbe OK with everything because “they’ll still do it”. What kind of cowardly parents let the kids dictate the limits? I’m aware that if my teens want to go against my rules, they’ll probably find a way. But they’ll be facing hell if I find out. I won’t just give them my blessing. This argument sounds like parents who don’t want to feel like they’ve been duped, so instead, they’re all fine and dandy with everything. It’s a matter of ego. I don’t let my ego get in the way of my parenting.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
RedBottoms

Unread post

LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 pm The OP from Reddit sounds immature.

I would not really want my high school children having S*x in my home. I would not leave them unattended for long periods of time. I would request my child stay in family areas.

But, is it normal as a parent of a teen to call up the parents of another teen and request certain rules in their home? I mean, I would feel awkward as hell, calling up other parents now when they are ages 9 & 11 and requesting TV rules, for example. But maybe it's because I am in an introvert. I would just not let me DD or DS go over to the house, if I had doubts.
its awkward. My best friend in high school had a way controlling mother. She would come spend the night at my house but her mother would call my mother over and over checking on her DD. My mom and stepdad went to bed at like 7pm because my Stepdad opened up the cabinet shop so he got up at like 3:30 am. So every time she called-she was waking my mom and stepdad up and F***ing up their sleep.

I am pretty sure I explained this to her mother and she still kept calling. It would be like we would go see a movie and come to my house after. She would call her mom to let her know she got to my house okay as she said she would. But the mom would call 2 times before that and shit waking my mom up.

My mom thought her mom was F***ing ridiculous
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Well... while it may indeed not be normal for parents to check up if the kids will be chaperoned, look at the post. The OP of that post really doesn’t care if her kid is having S*x and is fine and dandy to cover up for the girl. So maybe those parents are on to something and their mistake is actually not going a bit further. They trusted another mother to be as responsible as they are and it turns out she wasn’t.
LiveWhatULove wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 1:26 pm The OP from Reddit sounds immature.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Bring Them Home
CotterpinDoozer
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Valentina327 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:38 pm That is a lousy thing to do. They're not in their 20s. These are 16 year old children. The girls mother SPECIFICALLY called to make sure that they'd be monitored. That's what parents are supposed to do...keep track of their children's actions.

The boys parents are showing a massive amount of immaturity. Oooh...such rebels. They're reminding me of kids that sneak out on their parents in high school. Idiots.

Yeah it'll be really funny for the girl's parents when their daughter is knocked up at 16. Look who's left holding the bag. The boy's parents don't care...he'll just skip off on his merry way. Maybe he'll participate...maybe he won't. Who knows? He has options. She's stuck having to deal with a pregnancy and all of the ramifications that go with that.

THAT'S why the girl's parents are careful. They've got the bulk of the risk here if they're sexually active. The boys parents are shitty people.
This, you put it better than I would have, but all of this.
Locked Previous topicNext topic