You might want to change your mind about being an organ donor

Deleted User 1039

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:05 pm Nope. My husband knows I would NOT wish to be kept alive in any form of a vegetative state so if I am deemed brain dead then let em have my organs. What benefitnwouldnit serve medically or emotionally for my body to continue to deteriorate when my organs in their prime could help someone else live? I’m gooed.
You do know that you are alive when they start to carve out your organs. They could at least have the dignity to let you actually die first.
So you dont think brain death is death?
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:16 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 pm
MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:04 pm I'm supposed to trust someone named AnonZ?
Who cares what her name is? Bitch has facts!
She does? Sounded like fear mongering to me.
So you think she typed all that up herself?
MistressMonster
Sour Grapes
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:19 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:08 pm

Who cares what her name is? Bitch has facts!
I didn't say she typed it up herself. If you look for conspiracies, you will find them.
The oranges of the island are like blazing fire
Amongst the emerald boughs
And the lemons are like the paleness of a lover
Who has spent the night crying.

My soul was ripped to shreds on 10/27/14
Anonymous 3

Unread post

Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:13 pm My philosophy is these are MY organs. I am STILL using them. I took good care of my organs. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs ect. So why should I die so a person who drunk himself to near death get my liver because he destroyed his own and in turn will destroy my own!

You can have my organs AFTER I am dead and am not using them any longer.
That isn't going to happen. There are rules for who gets put on the transplant list.A person who can't drop the alcohol isn't going to be in line for your liver.
That's what I thought too. But money talks. All a alcoholic has to do is slip certain people a extra thousands of dollars and viola he gets a new liver. I read a article about a billionaire really old man didnt want to die so he had several new organs when his original ones started failing. When he finally did dieall those new organs went to waste.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

MistressMonster wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:23 pm
Victoriousmom wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:19 pm

I didn't say she typed it up herself. If you look for conspiracies, you will find them.
She posted facts so I thought I'd share. Don't believe it, bloody hell I don't want to believe it either!
My son won't be a donor on his DL when he gets it next month that's for damn sure!

Organ harvesting is a real thing.
Bubelah
Marchioness
Marchioness

Unread post

You sure love to get these folks riled up! On a side note, my brother was able to help 3 people. Heart, liver and a kidney. Unfortunately, his other kidney was rejected by the recipient. We got a very general letter some time after he died (he was only 19) as to the disposition of his organs.
Pjmm
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'll be brain dead or actually dead assuming i die in a hospital and not at home. Honestly my fear isn't that they'll cut me open while I'm still 'alive' but that they'll resuscitate me but I'll be in a vegetative state or otherwise have no quality of life. I'd rather they take my organs even though i may be 'alive' assuming this is true and let me die peacefully. Besides it's going to take more than a video to make me go to the DMV to change my license when i don't have to.
Victoriousmom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

Bubelah wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:32 pm You sure love to get these folks riled up! On a side note, my brother was able to help 3 people. Heart, liver and a kidney. Unfortunately, his other kidney was rejected by the recipient. We got a very general letter some time after he died (he was only 19) as to the disposition of his organs.
Man that's tough, I'm sorry.
Msprekteacher
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Brain dead is dead...

I am sure there are other medically sound reasons why organs are harvested when they are. I have little concern that doctors play Frankenstein and silly billy remove organs for sport.
Anonymous 1 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:09 pm
Msprekteacher wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:05 pm Nope. My husband knows I would NOT wish to be kept alive in any form of a vegetative state so if I am deemed brain dead then let em have my organs. What benefitnwouldnit serve medically or emotionally for my body to continue to deteriorate when my organs in their prime could help someone else live? I’m gooed.
You do know that you are alive when they start to carve out your organs. They could at least have the dignity to let you actually die first.
LuckyEightWow
Donated
Donated
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

If I am brain dead, I am dead. I’d prefer my organs went to someone who could use them. They aren’t doing me any good.
Locked Previous topicNext topic