Period tracking applications

Anonymous 1

Unread post

Anonymous 3 wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:12 pm
RIZZY wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:44 pm My daughter is the one who brought it up to me.

The concern is not that the app is going to tell on you. The concern is that they could be used as evidence *if* you have an abortion and *if* someone tells on you for it. While it's possible, there is no case that would be able to rely only on this data, so they'd have to evidence that we had an abortion, evidence that we travelled outside of the state for one, etc.

We talked about it in depth and decided that ultimately, the risk is worth the benefit. She needs to be able to track her period and she's not going to do it on paper.

What I told my daughter is to not have S*x with anyone that would have an issue with her having an abortion in the event that she conceived an unwanted pregnancy.
Or she could just...not have an abortion.
That would be what you would choose. Not everyone is obligated to follow your opinions.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 2:44 pm My daughter is the one who brought it up to me.

The concern is not that the app is going to tell on you. The concern is that they could be used as evidence *if* you have an abortion and *if* someone tells on you for it. While it's possible, there is no case that would be able to rely only on this data, so they'd have to evidence that we had an abortion, evidence that we travelled outside of the state for one, etc.

We talked about it in depth and decided that ultimately, the risk is worth the benefit. She needs to be able to track her period and she's not going to do it on paper.

What I told my daughter is to not have S*x with anyone that would have an issue with her having an abortion in the event that she conceived an unwanted pregnancy.
Well if she has no unwanted/unplanned pregnancies then she definitely won't be having an abortion. Hopefully she has no need for it. But I live in the real world, not make believe land, and abortion is healthcare.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Or she could choose not to have her body used as an incubator and have a medical procedure performed that should be between herself and her doctor. If you don't want to have an abortion no one is forcing you to.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

My daughter deleted her period app immediately following the Dobbs decision. She transferred about a year's worth of data onto a paper calendar prior to deleting and that is what she currently uses to track.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I asked my of age daughter…

She said she refuses to keep that data on an app, and refuses to even tell her primary care physician specifics, she will only say “ it’s normal, no need for dates”.

But she doesn’t log it anymore, she just marks a check on her paper calendar.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Kinda hard to achieve when you need an abortion.
SisterSomeone
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Tbh I'm aware of this, but I don't care enough to stop doing it. I live in a safe state where I'm not worried about my human rights being stripped away anytime soon, and I have too much on my plate to keep track of a paper calendar or a notebook just for my period. My app would alert me if something was off in my logs and needed attention, whereas a paper calendar wouldn't, and it might be weeks if not months before I noticed anything wrong.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic