As Trump airs his election doubts, many supporters say they won't accept a Biden win in 2024

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm There was never a Muslim ban…

There was a limit on immigrants from seven specific countries due to a terror threat…

And guess who’s presidency those seven countries were chosen as the greatest threat?

Go google…I’ll wait.

Grab em by the p**sy. I'll wait.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

SallyMae wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:31 pm
Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm There was never a Muslim ban…

There was a limit on immigrants from seven specific countries due to a terror threat…

And guess who’s presidency those seven countries were chosen as the greatest threat?

Go google…I’ll wait.

Grab em by the p**sy. I'll wait.
I love when people bring this up and the whole Stormy pay off from Trump, all while ignoring their own parties pasts. For example, Bill Clinton. That's all I have to say. Two words, Bill Clinton, and people "should" know what I'm talking about. And I'm not just speaking about Monica either.
Yes, we have had shitty immoral people as president. Trump is not the only sleezeball that has been in the Whitehouse. I don't respect a lot of what the man has done or said in the past but right now I'm looking to our future. I'm honestly WAY more afraid of Biden and all his shenanigans than I am of Trump. And the fear mongering has never gotten to me. And I don't trust or believe the majority of what the media puts out there.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

BionicBunny wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 pm I love when people bring this up and the whole Stormy pay off from Trump, all while ignoring their own parties pasts. For example, Bill Clinton. That's all I have to say. Two words, Bill Clinton, and people "should" know what I'm talking about. And I'm not just speaking about Monica either.
Yes, we have had shitty immoral people as president. Trump is not the only sleezeball that has been in the Whitehouse. I don't respect a lot of what the man has done or said in the past but right now I'm looking to our future. I'm honestly WAY more afraid of Biden and all his shenanigans than I am of Trump. And the fear mongering has never gotten to me. And I don't trust or believe the majority of what the media puts out there.
Sorry but this has nothing to do with being a sleazeball. It's about being an authoritarian who is a threat to women's rights.

ETA: I don't like Biden either, but what shenanigans do you mean? I don't follow or trust most of what the media puts out but I am part of a group where we monitor and fact-check news closely as part of our business so I'm pretty well-informed. I'd like to discuss.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

BionicBunny wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:02 pm Thus is America. That would never have happened. One person does not have all power in America. The fear mongering over Trump is crazy. It's making some people blind to Bidens shifty job as president. To want 4 more years of his shit is lunacy!
I'd like to be clear that the threat Trump represents to democracy is not just about him as a person, or his personal actions. Political scientists who study authoritarianism are concerned that in order to support Trump, the Republican party has had to become a "personalist party," as opposed to party which advances particular policies.

"Personalist parties, as political scientists call them, are a threat to democracy because they lack the incentives and ability to resist their leader’s efforts to amass more power."

https://www.salon.com/2024/01/31/author ... y_partner/

If you think of the way non-loyalists have been purged from the party I hope you will see that this is not healthy for democracy.
SallyMae
Regent
Regent

This isn't just partisan Democrat talking points. International legal scholars are concerned about the authoritarian threat:

Trump allies and a broad sweep of conservative political groups in the US have adopted what they are calling ‘Project 2025’ – a detailed agenda to fire tens of thousands of civil servants in the US bureaucracy and replace them with appointees loyal to Trump. It’s a deceptively radical plan that would push presidential power beyond its present legal limits to effectively sabotage government agencies and programmes from the inside, making it impossible for them to pursue their lawful missions.

‘We should take him at his own word, which is that a second term will be as he puts it, a moment of retribution, where he will again in his own words, rather gleefully lay claim to the powers of a dictator’, says William Howell, the Sydney Stein Professor in American Politics at the University of Chicago Harris School of Public Policy. ‘At a re-election, he will claim – and not unjustifiably – a popular mandate to push back against democracy, and small “d” democratic checks that are meant to limit the exercise of presidential powers. He’s been completely forthright about what he intends to do. This is not a case of a would-be autocrat hiding his ambition.’

https://www.ibanet.org/The-authoritaria ... to-America

That is the concern.
BionicBunny
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

SallyMae wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:46 pm
BionicBunny wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:42 pm I love when people bring this up and the whole Stormy pay off from Trump, all while ignoring their own parties pasts. For example, Bill Clinton. That's all I have to say. Two words, Bill Clinton, and people "should" know what I'm talking about. And I'm not just speaking about Monica either.
Sorry but this has nothing to do with being a sleazeball. It's about being an authoritarian who is a threat to women's rights.

ETA: I don't like Biden either, but what shenanigans do you mean? I don't follow or trust most of what the media puts out but I am part of a group where we monitor and fact-check news closely as part of our business so I'm pretty well-informed. I'd like to discuss.
I wouldn't say Clinton had women in mind when he was taking advantage of them sexually. So that's what I mean by saying sleezeball. I was just being nice about it the best I could even though they don't deserve anyone to be nice about the treatment of women.
Bidens shenanigans. Lots a lies, no border control, have you seen the gas prices? Oh yeah let's blame that on Putin even though they were way up way before the whole Putin shitshow.
There is plenty Biden has done and hasn't done that makes me want him out. We can't even make a decent living.i love how he played people in his lies how a better living and how he was going to make minimum wage $15 an hour in some area without mentioning how even $15 an hour isn't even going to be a living wage at this point. And he plays like raising gas is so good for us because it will discourage people from wanting to ruin our environment with cars and how we all need electric cars as if the average person can even afford an electric car. Lol
Aletheia
Regent
Regent

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 9:18 pm
SallyMae wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 7:49 pm If Trump is president again, the Jan 6 level is where he will start. Welcome back to Muslim bans and family separation policies, only worse
There was never a Muslim ban…

Trump himself referred to it as his Muslim ban.
After defending the outright Muslim ban for six months, Trump called Rudy Giuliani in early May 2016 [1] to, as Trump himself put it, “look at the Muslim ban.” Giuliani explained that Trump told him, “Show me the right way to do it legally.” This indicates that Trump wanted Giuliani to come up with a version of the Muslim ban that would satisfy legal concerns. (Note that at this point, there is no other proposal for the “it” to be, Trump confirmed that he used the phrase “Muslim ban,” and grammatically, the antecedent to “it” is “Muslim ban” in Giuliani’s comments.) With these marching orders, Giuliani and House Homeland Security Committee Chairman Michael McCaul—with help from former Attorney General Michael Mukasey and Rep. Peter King—then sent a memo to the Trump team that explained why the outright ban could be unconstitutional and urged the adoption of a territorial‐​based ban
https://www.cato.org/blog/dozen-times-t ... muslim-ban
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_Order_13769
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

“ And when you're a star, they let you do it. “

He’s an asshole… but that’s not an authoritarian quote aiming to take women’s rights…
Della
Princess
Princess

Slimshandy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:45 am

He’s an asshole… but that’s not an authoritarian quote aiming to take women’s rights…

Let's change that quote up a little bit...

'When you're a president, they have to let you do it.'
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Della wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 7:19 am
Slimshandy wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 6:45 am

Let's change that quote up a little bit...

'When you're a president, they have to let you do it.'
That’s exactly what “spin” is…

That’s exactly why people think this is all just fear mongering…

Because the reality of the situation isn’t scary, but if we just change what he actually said, it becomes scary!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic