GWU anarchists call for beheadings of school administrators amid anti-Israel encampment

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Lexy
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

AOC…calling AOC. Please step up to the microphone and tell us again how peaceful these protesters are.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

You know, I’m American but I didn’t grow up in the U.S. I always joke that there’s more mole sauce than BBQ in my veins 😁. It’s uncanny that I’m more indignant and appalled at this than many Americans who actually grew up and live in the U.S. So many see burning the American flag as “free speech”! WTH? It seems the “rights” and “freedoms” of anarchist thugs are more important than the safety of law abiding American citizens and the protection of western and American values.
Lexy wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:14 pm
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:01 pm And protesters in NYC vandalized a WWI memorial in Central Park and burned an American flag…. So peaceful and it’s obviously just about disagreeing with Israel’s actions…
This is absolutely disgusting. It's what happens when there is no consequences for actions that are against the law. The cancer has spread. It should've been eradicated at the moment it was started. Shame on New York and shame on the Democrats. And more shame for the college officials who let it spread at the campuses to ruin many students graduation.
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So many see it as free speech because it is free speech. The Supreme Court ruled in Texas v Johnson in ‘89, then again on US v Haggerty and US v Eichman in ‘90 burning the flag is protected under the First Amendment.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:20 pm You know, I’m American but I didn’t grow up in the U.S. I always joke that there’s more mole sauce than BBQ in my veins 😁. It’s uncanny that I’m more indignant and appalled at this than many Americans who actually grew up and live in the U.S. So many see burning the American flag as “free speech”! WTH? It seems the “rights” and “freedoms” of anarchist thugs are more important than the safety of law abiding American citizens and the protection of western and American values.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:01 pm And protesters in NYC vandalized a WWI memorial in Central Park and burned an American flag…. So peaceful and it’s obviously just about disagreeing with Israel’s actions…
This is absolutely disgusting. It's what happens when there is no consequences for actions that are against the law. The cancer has spread. It should've been eradicated at the moment it was started. Shame on New York and shame on the Democrats. And more shame for the college officials who let it spread at the campuses to ruin many students graduation.
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

It’s disgusting. You hate America, there’s the door. They allegedly left hellholes to go to America to have a better life thanks to America’s rights and freedoms, equality and a rule of law. And now they want to turn it into those hellholes they came from?
It’s as if after the Holocaust Jews immigrating to America started trying to turn it into Nazi Germany.
And this is what I was saying. That obsession with rights without responsibility , without accountability will be America’s doom. It’s starting and growing quickly.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 pm So many see it as free speech because it is free speech. The Supreme Court ruled in Texas v Johnson in ‘89, then again on US v Haggerty and US v Eichman in ‘90 burning the flag is protected under the First Amendment.

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 7:20 pm You know, I’m American but I didn’t grow up in the U.S. I always joke that there’s more mole sauce than BBQ in my veins 😁. It’s uncanny that I’m more indignant and appalled at this than many Americans who actually grew up and live in the U.S. So many see burning the American flag as “free speech”! WTH? It seems the “rights” and “freedoms” of anarchist thugs are more important than the safety of law abiding American citizens and the protection of western and American values.

❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:14 pm It’s disgusting. You hate America, there’s the door. They allegedly left hellholes to go to America to have a better life thanks to America’s rights and freedoms, equality and a rule of law. And now they want to turn it into those hellholes they came from?
It’s as if after the Holocaust Jews immigrating to America started trying to turn it into Nazi Germany.
And this is what I was saying. That obsession with rights without responsibility , without accountability will be America’s doom. It’s starting and growing quickly.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:01 pm So many see it as free speech because it is free speech. The Supreme Court ruled in Texas v Johnson in ‘89, then again on US v Haggerty and US v Eichman in ‘90 burning the flag is protected under the First Amendment.

You think all the protesters are not Americans?

Your opinion is absolutely unAmerican. It's obvious you haven't studied American history.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Who are “they”? Gregory Johnson, Shawn Eichman, Scott Tyler, David Blalock, Mark Haggerty, Jennifer Campbell, Carlos Garza, and Darius Strong are all natural born US citizens.

Your first paragraph, living in a border state. That’s exactly what I hear about people with Mexican flags or living in the barrio. It’s very racist and why some people made derogatory comments about you living in Mexico.
Momto2boys973 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:14 pm It’s disgusting. You hate America, there’s the door. They allegedly left hellholes to go to America to have a better life thanks to America’s rights and freedoms, equality and a rule of law. And now they want to turn it into those hellholes they came from?

Quorra2.0
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:09 pm Here is the video if anyone is interested:

I apologize in advance if my reply is all over and disjointed. Lines are blurred and lines have been crossed. These protests have become problematic for multiple reasons.

The left and right have been responding out of their normal playbook. It just is not working this time. The right is focused, as usual, not on peaceful protesters, but on the unlawful. Problem with this: they are ignoring their own among the ranks of unlawful. The left is focused, as usual, on the peaceful protesters, dismissing the unlawful or only pointing fingers at the “right” participants and paid participants. Problem with this: either they need to own it or condemn it. This can’t be ignored and dismissed as just paid protester, a few extremists, or right exploiters.

If you have white supremacists joining you, you should probably step back and re-evaluate the message you are sending. If you are calling for the execution of people, you need to step back and re-evaluate the message you are sending. If you are using hate speech, racial slurs, derogatory name calling, you need to step back and re-evaluate the message you are sending. If you have the option of peaceful, lawful protest and are choosing unlawful protest, you need to step back and re-evaluate the message you are sending.

By law, hate speech at an unlawful protest is a hate crime. Condoning it now, minimizing it now, endangers not only the people it’s directed towards but also others.

Should we be making distinctions? Absolutely, but we shouldn’t be dismissive, deflecting, and casual about these incidents.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

They could bring it up again. With the SC having a conservative majority, who knows how it would go.🤷🏽
306/232

Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Did you just say “living in the barrio” and then call her racist as you tried to explain away people being racist towards her?

There’s absolutely nothing racist about her saying “if you hate it here go somewhere else”… you just don’t like it.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 am Who are “they”? Gregory Johnson, Shawn Eichman, Scott Tyler, David Blalock, Mark Haggerty, Jennifer Campbell, Carlos Garza, and Darius Strong are all natural born US citizens.

Your first paragraph, living in a border state. That’s exactly what I hear about people with Mexican flags or living in the barrio. It’s very racist and why some people made derogatory comments about you living in Mexico.

Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:59 pm Did you just say “living in the barrio” and then call her racist as you tried to explain away people being racist towards her?

There’s absolutely nothing racist about her saying “if you hate it here go somewhere else”… you just don’t like it.
Quorra2.0 wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 10:06 am Who are “they”? Gregory Johnson, Shawn Eichman, Scott Tyler, David Blalock, Mark Haggerty, Jennifer Campbell, Carlos Garza, and Darius Strong are all natural born US citizens.

Since when is that racist?
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic