protesters on campus calling for Jews to be killed, just off-campus Jews being yelled at to ‘go back to Poland

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

When this first started it was all about “don’t get it twisted, those hamas murderers who burnt babies alive and raped all those girls don’t represent Palestinians “

Now due to whatever news y’all are watching, it’s “aww…poor hamas … Israel doesn’t even trust them enough to release the hostages without military force”

So on one side you have torturous monsters with hostages, and on the other side you have victims of the worst crimes against humanity who don’t trust the terrorists… I guess everyone chooses who they’ll rally behind eh?
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

When this first happened, Israelis claimed all kinds of things that were later debunked and proven untrue. Some are still stuck on using those lies in their arguments.

f**k with me for 75 years and see if I don't fight back.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 pm When this first happened, Israelis claimed all kinds of things that were later debunked and proven untrue. Some are still stuck on using those lies in their arguments.

“The Rape Denialists”
Why has it proved so hard for so many on the left to acknowledge what happened on October 7?
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... lt/678091/

So we have eyewitness evidence, physical evidence, captured terrorists admitting to the crime, and mutilated sexual organs on victims, and the UN investigation saying there is enough evidence to show it happened…

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... 7f7e3f0000

Why are we defending these monsters again? Is this what you think “fighting back” means?
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Rape deniers are the worst scum. Especially since I’m sure most of them are avid supporters of the MeToo movement. That’s why there’s a new movement called MeToo Unless You’re a Jew.
Even notoriously anti Israel U.N had to admit rape happened and is likely continuing to happen. Probably the remaining female hostages are pregnant, that’s why Hamas doesn’t want to release them or even pictures of them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/investigations/ ... rcna141789

“A senior United Nations official found “clear and convincing” information that hostages have been raped and sexually abused in Gaza and “reasonable grounds” to believe sexual violence, including rape and gang rape, occurred during the Oct. 7 terrorist attack led by Hamas.

“Based on the information it gathered, the mission team found clear and convincing information that sexual violence, including rape, sexualized torture, cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment has been committed against hostages," the U.N. said in a report, adding that it "has reasonable grounds to believe that such violence may be ongoing against those still held in captivity.”

Anyone who denies the atrocities of October 7th because they can’t see Israel and Jews as anything else than the villains, the oppressors and victimizers of the palestinians just shows that they’re too blinded by their prejudice and hate to see reality.
Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am
Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:42 pm When this first happened, Israelis claimed all kinds of things that were later debunked and proven untrue. Some are still stuck on using those lies in their arguments.

“The Rape Denialists”
Why has it proved so hard for so many on the left to acknowledge what happened on October 7?

So we have eyewitness evidence, physical evidence, captured terrorists admitting to the crime, and mutilated sexual organs on victims, and the UN investigation saying there is enough evidence to show it happened…

Why are we defending these monsters again? Is this what you think “fighting back” means?
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:10 am

“The Rape Denialists”

Where did I mention rape?
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 pm When this first started it was all about “don’t get it twisted, those hamas murderers who burnt babies alive and raped all those girls don’t represent Palestinians “

Now due to whatever news y’all are watching, it’s “aww…poor hamas … Israel doesn’t even trust them enough to release the hostages without military force”

So on one side you have torturous monsters with hostages, and on the other side you have victims of the worst crimes against humanity who don’t trust the terrorists… I guess everyone chooses who they’ll rally behind eh?
I don't think there is any doubt in most people's mind that Hamas perpetrated a horrific terrorist attack on Israel and used rape as a weapon. Why isn't the killing of a thousand people, raping of women, murder of a 10 month old and his pregnant mother enough of an atrocity? Why were the later debunked stories of babies being beheaded and burned in ovens added to the narrative of the atrocities, repeated by media and even our president and still believed by some today? That to me was an affront to women and I'm still pretty disgusted by it.

I believe that Hamas must be defeated. Israel has been dropping bombs on the civilian population of Gaza for a decade and hasn't managed to defeat Hamas so IMO, intensifying the bomb dropping isn't going to do the trick. I believed that if Israel continued to strengthen diplomatic relations with neighboring Arab countries, strengthened their defense, and used Qatar as a mediator in good faith, there was potential for success in defeating Hamas by offering Palestinians a better option. Palestinians currently have no other option. Hamas has indicated that they will lay down their weapons in exchange for a unified Palestine. Does one have to trust Hamas, hell no. But one has to at least have a conversation, especially if they have any hope for a peaceful resolution.

People in the US supporting Hamas are horribly misguided. I equate them to the young people who went off to join ISIS. It shows a complete lack of education and understanding of the conflict. People who claim that Hamas was just fighting against the occupation and treating it like any other force fighting occupation are ignoring the fact that Hamas is a terrorist organization and has committed egregious war crimes including the attack on October 7th.

I'm pretty clear in my view that rape as a war crime is not just a crime against women but a crime against humanity and it's use has solidified my belief that Hamas must be defeated in the same way that the hundreds of rapes of men, women, and children in Ukraine perpetrated by the Russian military has solidified my belief that they must be defeated. There is no acceptability for it regardless of whether you are a terrorist organization or a standing army.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
mommy_jules
Regent
Regent

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:38 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:30 pm When this first started it was all about “don’t get it twisted, those hamas murderers who burnt babies alive and raped all those girls don’t represent Palestinians “

I don't think there is any doubt in most people's mind that Hamas perpetrated a horrific terrorist attack on Israel and used rape as a weapon. Why isn't the killing of a thousand people, raping of women, murder of a 10 month old and his pregnant mother enough of an atrocity? Why were the later debunked stories of babies being beheaded and burned in ovens added to the narrative of the atrocities, repeated by media and even our president and still believed by some today? That to me was an affront to women and I'm still pretty disgusted by it.

I believe that Hamas must be defeated. Israel has been dropping bombs on the civilian population of Gaza for a decade and hasn't managed to defeat Hamas so IMO, intensifying the bomb dropping isn't going to do the trick. I believed that if Israel continued to strengthen diplomatic relations with neighboring Arab countries, strengthened their defense, and used Qatar as a mediator in good faith, there was potential for success in defeating Hamas by offering Palestinians a better option. Palestinians currently have no other option. Hamas has indicated that they will lay down their weapons in exchange for a unified Palestine. Does one have to trust Hamas, hell no. But one has to at least have a conversation, especially if they have any hope for a peaceful resolution.

People in the US supporting Hamas are horribly misguided. I equate them to the young people who went off to join ISIS. It shows a complete lack of education and understanding of the conflict. People who claim that Hamas was just fighting against the occupation and treating it like any other force fighting occupation are ignoring the fact that Hamas is a terrorist organization and has committed egregious war crimes including the attack on October 7th.

I'm pretty clear in my view that rape as a war crime is not just a crime against women but a crime against humanity and it's use has solidified my belief that Hamas must be defeated in the same way that the hundreds of rapes of men, women, and children in Ukraine perpetrated by the Russian military has solidified my belief that they must be defeated. There is no acceptability for it regardless of whether you are a terrorist organization or a standing army.
God bless and protect the people of Israel; God bless and protect the people of Palestine.
God damn antisemitism; God damn Islamophobia.
Israelis are children of God; Palestinians are children of God.
https://religionnews.com/2024/03/26/a-p ... holy-land/
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am

God bless and protect the people of Israel; God bless and protect the people of Palestine.

Interesting comments section…

KualaLumpur1

A false equivalence may superficially seem to be desirable but in truth is not.
The totalitarian ideology expressly advocated by Hamas is fundamentally different than the democracy that exists in Israel.
This essay claims that an equivalence exists that does not.
A totalitarian ideology should be weakened.
A democratic ideology should be strengthened.
There is no equivalence.
We have both totalitarians and democrats in Malaysia and it is entirely clear to many that the two are not the same.

————-

One Voice
4w ago

Calls for a ceasefire on the part of Israel amount to calls for Hamas to continue. To understand the depth of ignorance and naivety here, simply change the populations to Nazi Germany/Imperial Japan and the rest of the world and put the comments into late 1944 or early 1945. Stop! Ceasefire now! Too many civilian casualties! To many people suffering! To many cities destroyed! We need to negotiate with the Nazis. We need to negotiate with the Imperial Japanese. Nazi Germany cannot be destroyed. They have a right to exist. Same for Imperial Japan. We believe they have learned their lesson and will live peacefully now with everyone. We even think Nazi Germany will repent of its efforts to exterminate the Jewish people. It is true they started the war but the US, the UK, Russia, and all the allies have now become the badguys. They are perpetrating a genocide against the German and Japanese people. They are orchestrating collective punishment.
There is a reason my father was a member of the greatest generation. They understood. They recognized evil. They were resolved to defeat it to make a better world.

———————-

Scott

"Israelis are children of God; Palestinians are children of God."

I advise the author to take off his rose-tinted glasses and face some facts. Israelis and Palestinians are two different peoples and there's nothing special about that. Israelis represent a stable Westernized institutional power with recognizable Judeo-Christian values whereas Palestinians represent a zealot jihadist hyper-violent and punitive religion that crowd-sources their system of moral justice. There is no comparison between these two for deciding our loyalties. Israel must survive and the Palestinians must be neutralized as a regional power. Other priorities rescinded. When the author takes the mature step of facing these facts I'll have more respect for his calls to action.

————————

Steve S.
Mr. Reese,
Was this written for a purpose? Did you write it?
The reason I am asking is that the 'article' reads like a bipolar teenager on speed. Plus, I do not know any priest that would call on God to damn someone. Damning someone is not the role a priest, or any human, has. In fact, it is against Biblical teachings.

—————————-

Israel is the only Jewish state. There are twenty-one real states in the Arab League and one fictitious state.
Israel is a democracy. There are no Arab democracies.
Israel has "Palestinian" judges and members of Parliament. Arab states do not even allow Jews to be citizens. Most do not allow Jews to be residents either.
Israel accepted all Jewish refugees expelled by Arab countries. No Arab country except Jordan has ever accepted more than a few "Palestinian" refugees.
One fifth of Israel is "Palestinian". The Arab states all expelled or butchered their Jewish populations.
When rockets fall on Israel, the young and strong run to help and the children run to the bunker. When rockets fall in Gaza or the West Bank, the terrorists run to the bunker and push the children out in the middle of the drop zone.
In Israel, Jews worship according to the Jewish religion and other people according to their own religions. Muslims believe the whole world must be Muslim or die.
Israeli schools teach math, physics and history. "Palestinian" schools teach hatred of Jews.
Jesus was a Jew. "Palestine" was invented when the Arab League got tired of trying to exterminate Israel but didn't want to take the refugees they had created.
The Creator of the Universe revealed his Holy Name to the Jews on Mount Sinai. Muslims worship some generic "Allah". "Allah" simple means "a god" in Arabic, just like "Zeus" does in Greek ("Deus" in Latin.) Allah has nothing to do with the God who commanded "Thou shalt not commit murder".
Israel has never started a war. But it has fought seven. Guess who started them all.
There is no equivalency between Israel and "Palestine".
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

mommy_jules wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:56 am

We have a similar message on the sign in front of the church I attend:) It's a really good message.

ETA:
"Pray for Palestine
Pray for Israel
Pray for the hostages
Pray for a ceasefire
Pray for all of God's people"
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Momto2boys973
Princess
Princess

Unread post

[bbvideo] [/bbvideo]
❤️🇮🇱 עמ׳ ישראל חי 🇮🇱❤️
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic