protesters on campus calling for Jews to be killed, just off-campus Jews being yelled at to ‘go back to Poland

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:42 am
Della wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 am

Your words make it quite clear where you stand.

Let's go with a ONE STATE solution.
Do you think it matters if I want a one state or two state solution?

Or do you think it matters what both places are willing to do?

Neither side is willing to allow peace. That has nothing to do with my wants…
Your support of sending US tax dollars for weapons is the cause of this.
My support? I don’t remember ever voting on this… I haven’t even voted in the last two election cycles.

For some reason you keep trying to boil this down to being *my* fault…Why?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:47 am
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 am
Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:39 am

“I think they are going to have to decide on whether a two-state or one-state solution and are going to have to decide on peace like other countries have had to do.”

Both have now said they’re not going to achieve peace.
There’s too much history, too much hate, and too much pain.

I don’t think sprinkling rainbows and glitter is going to work here. Even if American hippies think that’s possible… they’ve never had their daughter’s raped bodies paraded through the streets to thunderous applause… they’ve never taken their babies out of the oven that the child was tortured to death in.

I think expecting peace is unrealistic.

So what now?
I think if colonialism taught us anything it’s that creation of an ethno-state at the expense of the indigenous population is not a good recipe for success. Israel is no different.

In the not so distant past, Bantu and Afrikaaners, Bosnians and Serbs, Tutsi and Hutu, Indigenous and Colonialists were seen as incompatible and horrific attacks and abuses were perpetrated by both sides.

Israel is going to do what Israel wants to do. If Israel decides that genocide or ethnic cleansing is the answer to their Palestinian problem, the US should have no part of it.

I sometimes wonder if Zionist’s original proposal of creating a land in Uganda or Southwestern US would have been the better option? I don’t know. Perhaps we’d be seeing the same type of conflict but different players.
Do you think it matters what hamas wants to do?

Israel just proposed another ceasefire in exchange for hostages…

Do you think hamas should take it?
Actually Israel just responded to the proposal. Should Hamas accept it, probably. But I think Israel should have accepted Hamas’s proposal for a ceasefire back in November. Also, I don’t know what Israel’s response is. Are they offering a permanent or temporary ceasefire in exchange for all the hostages? Israel has made it clear that the return of hostages is not their priority do not sure how much weight that will play in negotiations.

Interesting article about negotiations just popped up on my feed.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/202 ... f5ab730000
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:07 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:38 am

I think if colonialism taught us anything it’s that creation of an ethno-state at the expense of the indigenous population is not a good recipe for success. Israel is no different.

In the not so distant past, Bantu and Afrikaaners, Bosnians and Serbs, Tutsi and Hutu, Indigenous and Colonialists were seen as incompatible and horrific attacks and abuses were perpetrated by both sides.

Israel is going to do what Israel wants to do. If Israel decides that genocide or ethnic cleansing is the answer to their Palestinian problem, the US should have no part of it.

I sometimes wonder if Zionist’s original proposal of creating a land in Uganda or Southwestern US would have been the better option? I don’t know. Perhaps we’d be seeing the same type of conflict but different players.

Actually Israel just responded to the proposal. Should Hamas accept it, probably. But I think Israel should have accepted Hamas’s proposal for a ceasefire back in November. Also, I don’t know what Israel’s response is. Are they offering a permanent or temporary ceasefire in exchange for all the hostages? Israel has made it clear that the return of hostages is not their priority do not sure how much weight that will play in negotiations.
Israel did agree in November…

Why do you think Israel would be suggesting a permanent cease fire in exchange for hostages if getting the hostages back was not a priority?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

There is not bi-partisan support to end the killing of Palestinians however there is huge bi-partisan outrage against Noem’s killing of her dog. Oh the duplicity of man.
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

"Senior Hamas official Khalil al-Hayya gave no details of Israel’s offer, but said it was in response to a proposal from Hamas two weeks ago. Negotiations earlier this month centered on a six-week cease-fire proposal and the release of 40 civilian and sick hostages in exchange for freeing hundreds of Palestinian prisoners in Israeli jails."
(...)

"Hamas said Friday that it was open to any “ideas or suggestions” that take into consideration the needs of the Palestinian people. The group has said it won’t back down from demands for a permanent cease-fire and full withdrawal of Israeli troops. Israel has rejected both and said that it will continue military operations until Hamas is defeated and that it will retain a security presence in Gaza afterward."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/hama ... rcna149655
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:21 pm

Why do you think Israel would be suggesting a permanent cease fire in exchange for hostages if getting the hostages back was not a priority?
What was the atmosphere like?

“We left the meeting very disappointed because Netanyahu talked about dismantling Hamas as the goal of the war. He didn’t promise anything regarding the demand to return the hostages. He merely said a military operation in Gaza was needed to serve as leverage for the hostages’ release.

“We later found out that Hamas had offered on October 9 or 10 to release all the civilian hostages in exchange for the IDF not entering the Strip, but the government rejected the offer.”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/no-doubt- ... ies-forum/

When has Netanyahu indicated that there would be a permanent ceasefire if Hamas just returned the hostages? The primary goal has always been the elimination of Hamas.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:37 pm

“We left the meeting very disappointed because Netanyahu talked about dismantling Hamas as the goal of the war. He didn’t promise anything regarding the demand to return the hostages. He merely said a military operation in Gaza was needed to serve as leverage for the hostages’ release.

“We later found out that Hamas had offered on October 9 or 10 to release all the civilian hostages in exchange for the IDF not entering the Strip, but the government rejected the offer.”

When has Netanyahu indicated that there would be a permanent ceasefire if Hamas just returned the hostages? The primary goal has always been the elimination of Hamas.
Hamas is a terrorist organization that committed the worst atrocities against Jewish people since Hitler.

Why WOULDN’T that be one of the biggest goals?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:46 pm

Hamas is a terrorist organization that committed the worst atrocities against Jewish people since Hitler.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong. I'm just responding to this:

"Why do you think Israel would be suggesting a permanent cease fire in exchange for hostages if getting the hostages back was not a priority?"

Hostages are not a priority and Israel has never suggested a permanent cease fire in exchange for hostages.
Slimshandy
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm

"Why do you think Israel would be suggesting a permanent cease fire in exchange for hostages if getting the hostages back was not a priority?"

Hostages are not a priority and Israel has never suggested a permanent cease fire in exchange for hostages.
That’s what is being suggested right now…
Do you have an actual reason for suggesting the hostages are not a priority?
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Slimshandy wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:56 pm
WellPreserved wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:53 pm

That’s what is being suggested right now…
Do you have an actual reason for suggesting the hostages are not a priority?
I just posted the reasons. Priority means things that are dealt with first. Netanyahu has stated that the defeat of Hamas is the priority.

Also, I read news reports.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic