Quiet on Set

carterscutie85
Princess
Princess

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am Haven't seen this, but am aware of some of the incidents covered. I'm glad more information is shared so that any parents who wish to support their kids pursuing entertainment can better protect them. Not something I would encourage for a kid, not beyond school plays or community theater, but every family is different.
I read somewhere that Hillary Duff's Mom stayed beside her every second and that's why she never was victimized. One of the red flags in the first episode is them saying parents weren't allowed to watch their kids on set. Like RED FLAG RED FLAG. My child wouldn't have gone anywhere without me.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Anonymous 2 wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:19 pm Do you read tabloid magazines in the checkout line?
What do tabloids have to do with any of this? Children have been victimized in the entertainment industry since there was an entertainment industry.
PoplarGrove
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

MonarchMom wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 am Haven't seen this, but am aware of some of the incidents covered. I'm glad more information is shared so that any parents who wish to support their kids pursuing entertainment can better protect them. Not something I would encourage for a kid, not beyond school plays or community theater, but every family is different.
Even community theatre isn't "safe". I spent 5 years warning parents about a certain director in our community. Most people didn't believe me and my daughter lost out on certain opportunities because of it. This guy was an upstanding member of our community. Until he was found guilty of sexual touching of a minor and went to prison for 3 years.
MonarchMom
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

PoplarGrove wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 1:34 pm
Even community theatre isn't "safe". I spent 5 years warning parents about a certain director in our community. Most people didn't believe me and my daughter lost out on certain opportunities because of it. This guy was an upstanding member of our community. Until he was found guilty of sexual touching of a minor and went to prison for 3 years.
You are quite right, community theatre poses just as much a risk as any organization that brings minors into contact with adults.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic