Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapses after being struck by cargo ship; search and rescue underway

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
WellPreserved
Donated
Donated
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

"The Francis Scott Key Bridge in Baltimore collapsed early Tuesday after a support column was hit by a large container ship that had lost power, sending vehicles and people into the Patapsco River, authorities said.

Six people remain unaccounted for, Maryland Department of Transportation Secretary Paul Wiedefeld said in a mid-morning news conference. All six were part of a construction crew that was filling potholes on the bridge at the time, Wiedefeld said. Two other workers were rescued from the water.

Baltimore City Fire Chief James Wallace told reporters the scene was "an active search and rescue." The Coast Guard was taking part.

One of the rescued workers was unhurt but the other is being treated at the University of Maryland Medical Center and has been unable to speak to investigators so far, officials said. The worker being treated is in serious condition. "

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/francis-sc ... =373459243
"The books that the world calls immoral are books that show its own shame." - Oscar Wilde
jessilin0113
Regent
Regent

Unread post

So scary. My brother lives in Baltimore and crossed that bridge all the time.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I am really curious as to what caused this to happen. So shocking.
306/232

But I'm still the winner! They lied! They cheated! They stole the election!
Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:38 pm I am really curious as to what caused this to happen. So shocking.
The container ship lost power, so the captain couldn’t steer. When a container ship is at its traveling speed, with the amount of propulsion that it takes to move it forward, after it loses power it takes literally miles for it to naturally come to a stop.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:03 pm
Della wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:38 pm I am really curious as to what caused this to happen. So shocking.
The container ship lost power, so the captain couldn’t steer. When a container ship is at its traveling speed, with the amount of propulsion that it takes to move it forward, after it loses power it takes literally miles for it to naturally come to a stop.
Oh wow. I hadn't read that part yet.
306/232

Olioxenfree
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Della wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:05 pm
It’s in the post.
Della
Princess
Princess

Unread post

Olioxenfree wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:08 pm
Della wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:05 pm

It’s in the post.
I said I hadn't read that part yet. I'm a little busy today.

Thank you for the previous information.
306/232

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic