I'm so irritated

Anonymous 1

Unread post

My high schooler loves biking. He's on a mountain biking team plus he rides his bike about 14 miles a day outside of team. We planned to get his bike tuned up before the season started anyways but the other day his front tire started squeaking so I had him call the bike shop to schedule an appointment to get it checked out. I heard him make the phone call and ask if they would have time on Friday at 1 to look at his bike specifically to check out the squeak and do a tune up.

We make the 45 minute drive to the bike shop today. They looked at the front wheel for about 30 seconds and spun it and said it was just a plastic piece making noise not a huge deal they said. And then they say they can't get to checking out his bike until Wednesday so we might as well take it home until then. We'll then why didn't you say that when he called? What's the point of an appointment if you're just going to be like come back next week.
And then in the next breath without even looking at the rear of the bike he starts going on about how he needs a new chain and a new cassette. He has had zero issues with it and the bike is barely 1 year old so I'm not sure why he would need those parts replaced.
So now I'm on the hunt for a new bike shop because I'm not making a 45 minute drive wach way next week just to be told once again to come back later or paying a lot of money to replace expensive parts he doesn't even need.
I miss good customer service.
highlandmum
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Not only do I miss good customer service, I miss products that last. I am fed up with expensive disposable products. This past hockey season my son has needed the following replaced - gloves (thankfully covered by the team) but his last ones were about 6 months old, hockey skates, the whole boot split (just over 1 year old), and 8 sticks (some were under warranty but most were not).
Anonymous 1

Unread post

highlandmum wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:58 pm Not only do I miss good customer service, I miss products that last. I am fed up with expensive disposable products. This past hockey season my son has needed the following replaced - gloves (thankfully covered by the team) but his last ones were about 6 months old, hockey skates, the whole boot split (just over 1 year old), and 8 sticks (some were under warranty but most were not).
It really is annoying. I'm so over all of it. That sounds really expensive.
MrsDavidB
Queen Mother
Queen Mother

Unread post

The useless 45 minute drive for nothing certainly is irritating. I can relate.
LiveWhatULove
Donated
Donated
Princess
Princess

Unread post

That is super frustrating. It is hard to trust any type of repair shop, auto, biked appliance, etc. any more!!

Idk, it feels like too many are just out to make more money…and they could give a damn about the cost or your time.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

For what it's worth, we hired a mobile bike mechanic one time. He came to our house and it was clear that he had a lot of experience in the biking industry. He fixed 3 of our bikes for $40. This was circa 2014 so I'm sure prices have gone up.
Anonymous 1

Unread post

RIZZY wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:06 pm For what it's worth, we hired a mobile bike mechanic one time. He came to our house and it was clear that he had a lot of experience in the biking industry. He fixed 3 of our bikes for $40. This was circa 2014 so I'm sure prices have gone up.
I'll have to see if I can find one!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic