I don’t think we’ve talked about the death penalty in a while… are you ok with it, or fully against it?

Forum rules
Keep News and Politics about News and Politics.

Do not post full articles from other websites. Always link back to the source

Discuss things respectfully and take into account that each person has a different opinion.

Remember that this is a place for everyone to enjoy. Don’t try and run people off of the site. If you are upset with someone then utilize the foe feature.

Report when things come up.

Personal attacks are against guidelines however attacks need to be directed at a member on the forum for it to be against guidelines. Lying is not against guidelines, it’s hard for us to prove someone even did lie.

Once a topic is locked we consider the issue handled and no longer respond to new reports on the topic.
mater-three
Princess Royal
Princess Royal

Unread post

I am pro-death penalty in certain circumstances.
Traci_Momof2
Princess
Princess

Unread post

I'm generally against it, mostly because there's too much room for error and I can't stand the thought of killing someone who didn't really commit the crime. And a secondary reason being that I understand it's more costly to put someone to death than to just keep them in prison for life. Might as well make them suffer for what they did than put them out of their misery.
Murdoc's Mistress
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

Against it. Its extremely expensive and often times ill applied. And this doesn't even cover those who were wrongfully convicted and executed but the state refused to even entertain the idea that they got it wrong.
You were born an original, don't die a copy.
SoFloMom
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I’m torn on this question.
I always thought I was vehemently against the death penalty. However when the Parkland shooter trial was going on, I found myself wanting the death penalty for him and being upset that he didn’t get it. It didn’t feel fair that he gets to live out the rest of his life while 17 lives were taken way to soon, just by trying to go to school.
However I realize that was a very emotional response to a tragedy that I’m close to.
On principle I don’t agree with the government taking the life of a person, especially since historically they have been so wrong before.
cgd5112
Donated
Donated
Regent
Regent

Unread post

I've been there. It is conflicting. In our case it was the Boston Marathon bombings in 2013. My son was just under 1 year old. I remember being glued to the TV as the man hunt played out in Watertown for the Tsarnaev brothers. A few years later, two survivors and amputees wrote a children's book about a little girl who loses her legs and gets a service dog named Rescue. They came to my son's elementary and read the book to the school. It was still a very raw feeling in my gut.

I think it was just so traumatic because the SandyHook massacre had just occurred the year before in December 2012. My son was only 7 months old. Seeing President Obama address the nation and tearing up just gutted me.

SoFloMom wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:56 am I’m torn on this question.
I always thought I was vehemently against the death penalty. However when the Parkland shooter trial was going on, I found myself wanting the death penalty for him and being upset that he didn’t get it. It didn’t feel fair that he gets to live out the rest of his life while 17 lives were taken way to soon, just by trying to go to school.
However I realize that was a very emotional response to a tragedy that I’m close to.
On principle I don’t agree with the government taking the life of a person, especially since historically they have been so wrong before.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am regretfully against it. If we could guarantee that it is being applied fairly, that it is not a burden to the tax payers, etc., then I would be for it. Unfortunately, the ideal world does not exist and in that world, there would be no need for it anyway. Do I think people deserve to die for their crimes? One thousand percent.
RIZZY
Duchess
Duchess

Unread post

I am regretfully against it. If we could guarantee that it is being applied fairly, that it is not a burden to the tax payers, etc., then I would be for it. Unfortunately, the ideal world does not exist and in that world, there would be no need for it anyway. Do I think people deserve to die for their crimes? One thousand percent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic